WR Long Install Need Brush Guard

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard
Look closely at the picture - post#2. The top of the grill guard swings forward to allow the hood to open.

The top bolt locks the grill guard in the upright position. The bottom bolt is what the top of the guard swing on. The "swinging grill guard" is OEM on my M6040.
Thanks for the feedback and trying to help me. I've got a young friend who's an apprentice welder. I'm going to get him over here to look at your picture and your instructions.

The only thing that swings on my Kioti is -- Nothing really. The driver, in the old days, but that's about it. My 'brush guard' (it's really just a bumper) is fixed. It's either on or off.

Thanks for the help.

Also, keep in mind. My Mechanic buddy and I talked about this -- You've got a serious tractor with lots of room in it. I have a small compact tractor that has many of the things you have but crowded into half the space. Engine, hydraulics, transmission, drives, differentials, PTO...... All crowded into half the tractor you have.

That makes things....... Interesting

Life's a Beach :)

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #22  
That is a valid point. Larger tractor = more room. You might even consider longer hoses to the grapples hydraulics. Maybe your young welder friend has some good ideas.

It's been said by others but bears repeating. I WOULD NOT recommend using your new grapple without some form of grill guard. You have no idea the expenses you could be getting into regarding - grill, radiator or battery.

If I can be of any help - please PM me.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard
That is a valid point. Larger tractor = more room. You might even consider longer hoses to the grapples hydraulics. Maybe your young welder friend has some good ideas.

It's been said by others but bears repeating. I WOULD NOT recommend using your new grapple without some form of grill guard. You have no idea the expenses you could be getting into regarding - grill, radiator or battery.

If I can be of any help - please PM me.

Thank you.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #25  
Smokeydog - I DO really like the look of the brush guard - middle picture.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #26  
Thanks for the feedback and trying to help me. I've got a young friend who's an apprentice welder. I'm going to get him over here to look at your picture and your instructions.

The only thing that swings on my Kioti is -- Nothing really. The driver, in the old days, but that's about it. My 'brush guard' (it's really just a bumper) is fixed. It's either on or off.

Thanks for the help.

Also, keep in mind. My Mechanic buddy and I talked about this -- You've got a serious tractor with lots of room in it. I have a small compact tractor that has many of the things you have but crowded into half the space. Engine, hydraulics, transmission, drives, differentials, PTO...... All crowded into half the tractor you have.

That makes things....... Interesting

Life's a Beach :)
There isn't that much room on my L2501, either, so I understand what you're saying.

I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out where and how to mount the connectors on my L2501 simply because there wasn't that much room. It didn't take much time to actually fabricate the mount which turned out to be a large piece of angle. But I had to eye ball the position a few times to get it to clear everything else.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #27  
IMG_1931.JPG

On smaller tractor hose management is more of an issue. The spring hose mount standard on EA wicked helps.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #29  
The spring hose support may not come on all models or a supply chain issue.

Wicked Root Grapple V 2.0 54” dual lid came with one.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #30  
Smokydog - I DO like that spring hose mount on your EA grapple. I have a couple bungee cords. They run from the bucket level stand-off to the hoses. Kind of Mickey Mouse but the do the job. Look closely at the bottom pic in post #4.