How many brands does your dealer sale?

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #1  

mred2

Platinum Member
Tractor
iseki tl3200, JD 450H dozer, LS XR4150, Genie Z34/22N lift
I know that Deere dealers only sale Deere. When I purchased my LS 3 years ago, they only sold LS. It was a small dealer. They have grown. They now sale 5 brands of tractors, moved into bigger shop and sales. They also sale mini exs, trailers, mowers, attachments, etc. They still support LS parts and service great. But not sure what LS thinks about them selling, Branson, Bob Cat, Kioti, and Solectract(electric). They have inventory in all of the brands. As fast and as big as they have grown, they must have money behind them. But I have known others that got too big too fast and didn't last long. And there are other dealers within 100 miles that sale the same brands. They can't be happy.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #2  
Mine are all Kubota. The only alternate brands are tradeins. A parts department can only hold so many items.....5 different brands sounds bad.

I do know much larger dealers like Messicks carry multiple brands though (Case, New Holland)...so it can work.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #3  
Some OEMs want exclusivity. From the dealership side, I would rather deal with someone who sells multiple brands. Seems that type of dealer is more likely to help me find what I need. There are absolutely exceptions to that, but I figure it is a little more likely anyway.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #5  
2...Kubota and Case,slowly but surely tractor getting full again. :)

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #6  
New Holland ag and industrial, Massey, Case, Vermeer, Cub cadet lawn. Excellent service in all their brands.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #7  
Our Deere dealers only sold Deere tractors, but a lot of shortline options especially in hay equipment. One sold Kuhn and Krone, another had Pottinger. H&S and Bush Hog were in the mix too, some others I can't recall off hand. They've all been merged into United Ag and Turf, and now there's very little equipment on the lots that's not Deere. They still stock/order parts, but who knows for how long. There's some things like Deere discbines and balers that they never had before, but I for one have a strong preference for European hay equipment so I don't really see it as an improvement.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #8  
I don't know if it is the same or not, but when it comes to cars, I have never seen a Ford dealer sell new Toyota's or Honda dealer selling new Nissan's. I know that big car dealers will have many different dealerships under one umbrella that sell only one brand each. Maybe the tractor world is different.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #9  
My Kubota dealer sells New Holland too. Probably 70 percent Kubota.

/ How many brands does your dealer sale? #10  
All of the dealers around here only sell one brand. Except Deere, which also sells Bobcat.