Change e-mail address

/ Change e-mail address #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I have had the same e-mail since the beginning. But now we have the opportunity to up grade to fiber cable with a different company. If we do the change over, our e-mail address will change.

How much of a hassle is it going to be to change over?

We have a number of companies, government entities, etc. that are impossible to talk to a human being to make the transfer easy. I have no idea how to do this.

Even here on tbn, I have no idea how to change my address without loosing my history.

Anyone ever done it before, and survived?

/ Change e-mail address #2  
I'm sorta in the same postion. Very computer illiterate. I get the newspaper 4 day/wk on paper and 3 days e-mail. That has somehow quit sending it and the paper inisists it is the outfit that is supposed to deliveer it. They tried to connect me via computer but no luck.

I am consideering just getting an ADDITIONAL e-mail justfor the paper and alerting the paper to change it on their end.

/ Change e-mail address #3  
An option with SOME ISP's is an e-mail only account...you might check with your current provider...

/ Change e-mail address
An option with SOME ISP's is an e-mail only account...you might check with your current provider...
I called my provider last week. A wind stream computer eventually connected me to someone that had a soft voice and spoke english poorly. I think I need a new modem but I need to wait 3.5 weeks (August 9) for a technician to arrive.

/ Change e-mail address #5  
I have had the same e-mail since the beginning. But now we have the opportunity to up grade to fiber cable with a different company. If we do the change over, our e-mail address will change.

How much of a hassle is it going to be to change over?

We have a number of companies, government entities, etc. that are impossible to talk to a human being to make the transfer easy. I have no idea how to do this.

Even here on tbn, I have no idea how to change my address without loosing my history.

Anyone ever done it before, and survived?
You could set up a free Gmail account, then create a rule in your existing email account to forward all email in your existing email account to your new Gmail account. Then apply the rule and that would get everything transferred from old to new.

Then set up another rule in your existing email account to automatically forward anything that comes to it from today on to your gmail account. That will keep things going to your gmail account until the original email account is closed.

You’ll have to go into all of your accounts at banks, utilities, etc., and change the info in there to reflect your new gmail address, if you want to continue to receive email from them.

Personally, I wouldn’t have an email account at an ISP just for this reason. If you leave, you have to switch. Just like using a work email or cell phone for personal use…. You change jobs and lose access.

/ Change e-mail address #7  
I just let the Wife do all my Techie stuff including phone, computer, tablet and weather station.

/ Change e-mail address #8  
When I changed internet supplier and set up a new email address I cancelled internet from the old company but pay a few dollars a month to retain the old email address. All emails to the old address are forewarded to my new address (your old email help desk can do this for you if you cant find how to do it yourself) All emails that are not junk I reply from my New address telling them I have changed email address. doing this by email from your new address makes it easy for the person at the other end to update there records after a year or so you should be able to cancel the old address

/ Change e-mail address #9  
It can be a hassle going to each site or forum where you use your email. There is no magic wand that will change them all. It's just time consuming. I've changed my Email once before and basically logged into each site and went to my user log-in settings and changed the Email addr. Took about 1 1/2 hours for me. Here on TBN changing your Email has nothing to do with losing your history. If you change your user or log-in name then you may lose prior history. There is a section on this site in acct. details to change user name but I don't know how it affects history. Admin can change your user name that will keep your prior history.
For this site right click your user name in the blue bar above.
Click on password and security
Click on details
Click change Email
The procedure should be similar on every site you use your Email with.

Last edited:
   / Change e-mail address #10  
I don't think ISP drop email addresses just because you switch to a new ISP. I still give out my AOL email even through I haven't used them in over 20 years.