Any good Movie download sites

/ Any good Movie download sites #51  
I use a Nvidia Shield TV and follow the video.
OK, thanks. It looks like that doesn't apply to my equipment. I don't even use the TV functions of my TV. It's just a big monitor for the TiVo. The last time I was TV shopping, it occurred to me that I could just buy a big LCD display, but the TVs were cheaper! :unsure:

/ Any good Movie download sites #52  
OK, thanks. It looks like that doesn't apply to my equipment. I don't even use the TV functions of my TV. It's just a big monitor for the TiVo. The last time I was TV shopping, it occurred to me that I could just buy a big LCD display, but the TVs were cheaper! :unsure:
Substitute "Roku" for "Tivo" and it's much the same here. We're too far out to get any off-air reception other than a neighboring state's PBS.
Funny how an xx inch tv costs less than a similar size monitor when it has more circuitry inside (and generally more I/O ports too!). We made the mistake of paying more for a "smart" tv, but most of the pre-installed program links are to subscription services like Netflix, etc. and other d/l's are rather limited.
I'm still trying to figure a way to stream local programming (local news mostly) from tv stations' own streams. I found something that offers some, but not ones I'm interested in. Maybe scrounge up a compact PC with an HDMI video port, and use the tv as a monitor for that, though teaching my wife how to use it might be an "interesting" experience :rolleyes:.

/ Any good Movie download sites #53  
Here's a good one...based upon a true incident

/ Any good Movie download sites #54  
Substitute "Roku" for "Tivo" and it's much the same here. We're too far out to get any off-air reception other than a neighboring state's PBS.
Funny how an xx inch tv costs less than a similar size monitor when it has more circuitry inside (and generally more I/O ports too!). We made the mistake of paying more for a "smart" tv, but most of the pre-installed program links are to subscription services like Netflix, etc. and other d/l's are rather limited.
I'm still trying to figure a way to stream local programming (local news mostly) from tv stations' own streams. I found something that offers some, but not ones I'm interested in. Maybe scrounge up a compact PC with an HDMI video port, and use the tv as a monitor for that, though teaching my wife how to use it might be an "interesting" experience :rolleyes:.

On your Roku device search for and install the channel "Haystack News"....it will stream (for free) network news from almost any market...you can even watch the local news from other locations...

/ Any good Movie download sites #55  
The only way I know of is to pay for the premium (no ads) service...!
That seems fair to me. They have to make money somehow. I just deal with the Youtube ads, the same as I did when TV was free.
(It still is, but all that I get is snow. ;) )

Heck, you even get buko commercials after paying for cable. I remember staying in a motel and trying to watch some show I'd never seen which was supposed to be a classic. The first 13 minutes was about 9 minutes of commercials,(Yes, I timed them) so I can just imagine how bad it was by the end of the show. I can't say for sure though, because I shut it off after the 13 minute commercial break.

/ Any good Movie download sites #56  
That seems fair to me. They have to make money somehow. I just deal with the Youtube ads, the same as I did when TV was free.
I tried all the ad blockers that are supposed to work with the streaming services...they work for a bit but are constantly having to reset them...a PITA when they stop the stream until you go to a different screen and reset the ad blocker...
I read on one forum that the services will begin stopping the stream if an ad is blocked...so there will be nothing to watch for as long as the ad runs...this includes device systems like the one cited and others...

/ Any good Movie download sites #57  

Heck, you even get buko commercials after paying for cable. I remember staying in a motel and trying to watch some show I'd never seen which was supposed to be a classic. The first 13 minutes was about 9 minutes of commercials,(Yes, I timed them) so I can just imagine how bad it was by the end of the show. I can't say for sure though, because I shut it off after the 13 minute commercial break.
We got rid of paid TV years ago and should have done so sooner. We don't watch the major TV networks OTA so I have not idea how they handle commercials these days. For the stations we do watch, the commercials do not take up that much time but it gets real old watching the same commercials over and over and over. Tis even worse when the commercial is political. 🤬

Going on vacation and watching cable has been painful. It has been shocking to see how much time the commercials take up today. I assume they just slowly started to increase the number and length of the commercials until they got to what happens today and people did not notice. It is just horrible and totally destroys watching a movie or TV show.

Then the cable services we have seen on vacation do not have a good schedule viewer....

Later,
Dan

/ Any good Movie download sites #58  
FWIW...Both METV and FETV can be streamed on 'Frndly TV for $6.99/month along with 38 other channels...

As for the amount of time commercials take up out of a show...most half hour shows only run for about 20-22 minutes leaving almost one third of the half hour going to commercials...Hour shows are twice that...

/ Any good Movie download sites #59  
Has anyone even been persuaded by a commercial to buy a certain product? This is a central question that has been looked at many times. And the answer is NO. Ads have almost NO effect on peoples' purchasing decisions once they reach adulthood.
This Sunday, for the first time in many years, we watched an over air broadcast of 60 Minutes. Usually we watch Youtube and Netflixs. The ads were just amusing and kind of strange and certainly had no content that would alter our purchasing decisions.
I would never ask my doctor to investigate if the Rx ad was right for me.
The usual monster truck, with the male basso back gound narrator voice, towing stuff, usually big pipes, over rough ground that only 2% of the population have a need to do.
And then there was a very strange ad for the proper care of your Pubic Hairs. WTF? :)

Last edited:
   / Any good Movie download sites #60  
I'm not a lawyer, I don't know the legality of this, but I know people who stream practically any and every movie by google searching "putlocker(s)" or "solarmovie(s)" or "123movie(s). They look for obscure urls...something like ww5.putlockers2.net turn on pop up blocker, enter site, click the link that says "Access old site" search for movie you would like to see. Watch movie. Not every ad is usually caught with the pop up blocker...so close those out. Watch your movie.

I genuinely don't know the legal difference between streaming videos and downloading videos. One becomes your "property" as you "own" a digital copy of the movie whereas the other is never owned by you.