Landscape Rake Experiences

/ Landscape Rake Experiences #21  
More pics to come as I make more progress and get into tougher stuff but it's working great for now and worlds faster with the rake in front where I can see what's going on.
Yep, out front is gooder :giggle: .
P9010007.JPG
P9010008.JPG

/ Landscape Rake Experiences #24  
I have an adapter plate that lets me mount 3 PH implements on the SSQA. I use my landscape rake that way as well as a light duty blade I got for $100 to back blade snow from the garage and to windrow light snowfalls so the blower has something to blow.

Nice not to have to keep turning around and easier to get near trees and other stuff.

/ Landscape Rake Experiences
I have an adapter plate that lets me mount 3 PH implements on the SSQA. I use my landscape rake that way as well as a light duty blade I got for $100 to back blade snow from the garage and to windrow light snowfalls so the blower has something to blow.

Nice not to have to keep turning around and easier to get near trees and other stuff.
Shooterdon, Is that something you fabricated yourself or did you find it for sale somewhere? How about a pic of that adapter sometime - sounds like a great idea!

/ Landscape Rake Experiences #26  
Shooterdon, Is that something you fabricated yourself or did you find it for sale somewhere? How about a pic of that adapter sometime - sounds like a great idea!
I got it for $225 but it has gone up....but inflation is "transitory" so it may come back down...lol

BTW, I did have to cut off the 2" receiver to get it to work with my stuff.

/ Landscape Rake Experiences #27  
I’ve done some clearing after forestry mulched. We typically get a rake grapple for the skid steer and get the majority of it up. Then used a Harley rake angled to smooth the area and with it angled it will create windrows of debris you can basically get into a line. Usually only takes us a day to do 2-3 acres. The tough part is pull behind rakes get jammed up with debris and much of the debris is still sunk in the soil. Harley rakes are great for this. If it’s a option to rent one from a local place it will save you much time in the long run.

/ Landscape Rake Experiences
I’ve done some clearing after forestry mulched. We typically get a rake grapple for the skid steer and get the majority of it up. Then used a Harley rake angled to smooth the area and with it angled it will create windrows of debris you can basically get into a line. Usually only takes us a day to do 2-3 acres. The tough part is pull behind rakes get jammed up with debris and much of the debris is still sunk in the soil. Harley rakes are great for this. If it’s a option to rent one from a local place it will save you much time in the long run.
I've got a grapple rake on my skid steer but unfortunately I have very little terrain other than a few skid trails that the skid steer can handle, and even those have sections that I can only work by backing uphilll. So, I'm mostly using the Ventrac to rake material in selected areas and move it to the skid trails where I can grab it with the skid steer grapple rake and pile it for burning. Interesting idea on the harley rake.

/ Landscape Rake Experiences #29  
As far as 'cutting' and leveling with landscape rake.. i guess big ones might weigh enough and have strong enough tines to break into the ground more, but my little one won't.

BUT, it is actually very good at spreading/leveling loose stuff. I like it more for that use than the regular back blade.

Part of the reason i bought an ATV rake that uses 2" square tube to mount vs a small 3pt item is that I wanted the option to extend the thing to silly lengths, including possibly for FEL use (although i havent done it yet). For example, on a really long mount/pole you can raise the thing many feet in the air and grab down on top of a bush you've pulled up or knocked over and drag that.

Also, important to remember that top link setting affects what it does just like a box blade or back blade. If you want it to scrape more aggressively or hold and drag a pile better you extend the top link. If you want to work very lightly you can retract the top link. It's maybe not as big a difference as on a blade but it's a noticeable effect.