Building a Green House.

/ Building a Green House. #1  

cat fever

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620PS
My wife and I decided we need a greenhouse. So here are a few pictures of the progress.
It's 21'X36'X8'ish, It's a little different design tha
IMG_1328.JPG
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG
n what you would imagine a greenhouse to be, but trust me it'll work.
It'll have a concrete floor and raised beds.
Side note, the guy in the skid steer is 91 and still going strong.

IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
   / Building a Green House.
Not sure why the system split up the writing but its all there.
Also why we have cement trucks coming I'm going to get a pad for my diesel tanks (2-550gal.)
I have the rebar in now but not at the time of the picture.
IMG_1321.JPG

/ Building a Green House. #3  
Looks interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Are you going to put foam under the concrete floor for insulation?

All the best,

Peter

Looks interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Are you going to put foam under the concrete floor for insulation?

All the best,

Peter
No plan to insulate under the concrete.

/ Building a Green House. #5  
Looks like a fun project. My wife has been wanting me to build her a Green House for awhile now. A friend of mine just built one with geo thermal loops under it to keep it cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

/ Building a Green House. #6  
A greenhouse in on our list to build as well, but it will be a little while yet.

About those geo thermal loops. I can see them working in the cold regions of the US as long as they're below the frost line. But, what about down here in the south? Anyone have experience with them in the south. The only thing I have is that my well driller tried 2 things and said it wasn't worth the effort. 1) Since he's a well driller, he drilled well holes for a geo-thermal Air Conditioning system and said it was not cost effective. 2) He dug a root cellar, but the top was covered with the floor of a porch and the "roof" was uninsulated so that doesn't really count in my book.

What I've read about the geo-thermal tubes is that they have to be down about 8' and use a small fan to move the air thru them.

/ Building a Green House. #7  
The guy who did the geo thermal loops is here in Tyler TX, near Whitehouse. I might be calling it by the wrong name.

He dug a long trench with a mini excavator, and put PEX inside it, and he is circulating water with something mixed in it. The liquid is cooled off when it goes through the ground and then cools off the floor in his Greenhouse in Summer.
In winter, the ground is still the same temperature, so it warms up the liquid as it goes through the ground, and then through the floor of his Greenhouse. He owns a business in Tyler, and I've spoken with him about it a few times, but I haven't seen it in person. He's given me directions to his place, I just haven't taken the time to go see what he's done.

OK, I'm ready for concrete on Monday.

Also got a call from the place I'm buying my fuel tanks from and they are being shipped, should be here Monday.

IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG

/ Building a Green House. #9  
That's a big project, looks good.

are the fuel tanks going on that triangular end ?

For several years, I have thought about a (much smaller) hobby greenhouse, 8x10 or 10x12. I have relatives th.at own one of the largest greenhouse companies in the Province. I might have a lead. Won't be cheap, but probably manageable, and they do all the work.

Aluminum, glass, wind resistant, high snow load capacity. Better than I could do at any level.

Saving up.

That's a big project, looks good.

are the fuel tanks going on that triangular end ?

For several years, I have thought about a (much smaller) hobby greenhouse, 8x10 or 10x12. I have relatives th.at own one of the largest greenhouse companies in the Province. I might have a lead. Won't be cheap, but probably manageable, and they do all the work.

Aluminum, glass, wind resistant, high snow load capacity. Better than I could do at any level.

Saving up.
Thanks, the fuel tanks will go on the rectangular pad. (last picture on post #8)