kubota rtv x900 won't move after being serviced

/ kubota rtv x900 won't move after being serviced #1  

slimornot96

Tractor
kubota
Hi everyone!

my first post and to be clear... I am not a mechanic... I'm just trying to help my Dad... I didn't notice an rtv section. So, I am trying the general tractor section.

My Dad serviced his kubota rtv this afternoon and now it won't move. It was running and functioned as expected when he pulled into the shop. He drained and refilled the engine oil and replaced engine and hydraulic filters. I think he blew out the radiator and checked the coolant levels. He then topped off the hydraulic fluid and started it up...

He used all kubota filters and fluids. I double checked, all the fluids seem to be at the correct levels.

He doesn't hear the best so he had me call up to the dealership late this afternoon. They told us to try raising the back tires off the ground to help the pump prime. And to make sure he had taken the plastic plugs out of the hydraulic/transmission filters. I double checked the filters and we used a loader to lift up the back of the rtv. After lifting it up, the tires started moving but after putting it back down to the ground the unit still won't move unless I rev the engine up to high rpms. Its not right.

When I removed the filters, I noticed that there didn't seem to be much fluid in them. Most of the time, when he has me remove filters the oil just runnith everywhere...

The engine doesn't die, loose rpms or anything along those lines. The bed raises and lowers just fine. The rtv just moves slowly and it takes hi rpms to get it moving.

I have been reading and reading different posts. I have seen a couple with the exact same issue but they didn't post a conclusion on the solution. I do not have the necessary tools to measure the transmission pressures. If the tranny crapped out, its a bigger job than we can handle. And I know this stuff happens... It just feels strange that all was fine until he did the service. Usually.... I find out its some unfortunate self mistake and I'm sort of hoping that's what's going on. It's just the weekend now and the dealership is closed until Monday and are probably swamped with service jobs.

If someone smarter and more experienced has some ideas, I would like to learn from them. Its the weekend.... I can't get any parts but maybe there is something else for me to try or check out...

Thanks

/ kubota rtv x900 won't move after being serviced #2  
If the transmission suction filter is either sucking air, or defective, it will result in the symptoms you describe. I would check for a doubled up gasket, then consider replacing the suction filter. Try putting the old filter back on and see if the symptoms resolve.

I put an aftermarket suction filter on my zd mower years ago and it wouldn't move. Replaced it with an oem, and was as good as new.

Last edited:
   / kubota rtv x900 won't move after being serviced #3  
I cannot help with the problem, but for future reference there is a section for ATV and Utility vehicles in 'Related Equipment'. It is toward the bottom of the list.

Good luck!

/ kubota rtv x900 won't move after being serviced
oh thanks so much!!! I'll repost it in the right place!