Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #381  
It wasn't always that way. At one time Corporations realized that what was good for America WAS good for business. They lost sight of long term security in exchange for quick return. That is why we have gone from being one of the world's largest manufacturer to a service economy.
Which corporations were those? Ford? Rockefeller? Carnegie? They were kind of land-locked into the U.S. until mass shipping became available.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #382  
And to be clear, I don’t begrudge anyone for making money. Could they keep jobs here and make less of a lot of money? Sure. But reality says strike while the iron is hot. It also says don’t kill the golden goose. Anyhow, I’ve been fortunate to be able to adapt to changing circumstances. Many cannot or could but don’t have the skills. When the newspaper outsourced production and we all lost our jobs, there were several types of people.
- those that retired
- those that spent the severance and went on unemployment for as long as they could
- those that took the severance as an opportunity to get trained on new skills and move on/up.

It was an interesting opportunity for me and some of my friends. Others perished.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #383  
Generally I am against the government picking losers and winners with subsidies, but what do you do when we are being flooded with imports from subsidized or flat out government owned industries? Especially items which are obvious national security sensitive?

I think that tariffs against these State actors is very appropriate. It allows domestic companies to compete against these basically "non-profit" State owned industries that often rely on slave or child labor to produce goods. It also punishes, or at least removes incentives, for domestic companies to move jobs abroad.

Unfortunately "corrupt people" find ways to play both of those angles. I will leave it at that so that it does not appear to be political.
I think tariffs are the right answer sometimes. But there are no easy fixes.

I guess I'd be happy if they were subsidizing something I wanted to buy

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #385  
Have a watch of this video:
I've read numerous scummy moves from Tesla, this is one of them.......M

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #387  
I don't want to own a car that has internet type connectivity. So I guess there will never be a telsa in our driveway.
The explanation of cost for the included but unusable options isn't good.
Real explanation is more like this.

Cost with said otions installed and working is 71,000
Cost with said options not installed is 69,000
Cost with said options installed and not functioning 70,500
The money saved by manufacturer is significant because they get to drop a bunch of employees but I garrantee your cost will never be less and you are paying for the unused hardware one way or an other and most likely 3 or 4 ways over again.

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #388  
What happens when there is no reception? Could you subscribe to the service and then disconnect the internet connection before you cancel the service?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #389  
8 years included new Tesla then subscription...

Several minutes into this video.

Last edited:
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #390  
Actually, she should have used a : instead of a ., after "lesson", since that wasn't a full sentence. Then the W in "Well" should've been small case, too...
:p

Poor grammar annoys me, also.
Shouldn't have a question mark after the STATEMENT: "that wasn’t what I was trying to do?"

or.... is it a question?