Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over.

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #1  

Pur24karet

Tractor
Mahindra 1533L Hydrostatic
My 1533L hydrostatic will crank but wont turn over. It sounds like it is just not getting fuel.
Things its not:
Water drain was checked, no water in it
Not Fuel cap, removed while trying tostart
Big Fuel filter was changed,
Everything is in Neutral.
Foots on brake.
There is no fuel shut off.
Fuel lines have been checked and bled and are all getting fuel
Fuel selenoid has not been replaced but dealership told me it wouldnt start at all if that were the problem and it did start with squirt of starter fluid and ran for 8 hrs but died and wont start again.

My driveway is literally washing away and I cant figure out what to do to fix this tractor.
Any help for a really tired and stressed Mtn Girl, who just wants her tractor to run?

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #2  
That’s an odd one
Was it running smoothly the last time it was running?
Will it try to fire or run with another sniff of starting fluid?

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #3  
My 1533L hydrostatic will crank but wont turn over. It sounds like it is just not getting fuel.
Things its not:
Water drain was checked, no water in it
Not Fuel cap, removed while trying tostart
Big Fuel filter was changed,
Everything is in Neutral.
Foots on brake.
There is no fuel shut off.
Fuel lines have been checked and bled and are all getting fuel
Fuel selenoid has not been replaced but dealership told me it wouldnt start at all if that were the problem and it did start with squirt of starter fluid and ran for 8 hrs but died and wont start again.

My driveway is literally washing away and I cant figure out what to do to fix this tractor.
Any help for a really tired and stressed Mtn Girl, who just wants her tractor to run?

Um.. "Crank" and "turn over" are describing the same thing. So my questions are: is it not turning over or is it turning over but not starting and running. It helps to be clear here in order to diagnose.

If I were to guess it sounds like a fuel issue. Does your tractor have a fuel lift pump? If so I would see if it is pumping plenty of fuel. If it is a mechanical lift pump and the diaphragm has failed it might be dumping fuel into the crank case. Have you checked the oil level on the engine?

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #4  
I did not see any mention of air.. Have you checked the air filter?

How did you get the starting fluid in? Removing the air filter and giving a squirt? And then it ran for 8 hours. With the air filter off?

An engine is nothing more than an air pump. If it does not get air, it will not fire.

Needed to fire: fuel, air and compression.

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #5  
Using starting fluid on any small tractor engine is playing with fire literally and a poor excuse for not determining what is really the issue.

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #6  
Um.. "Crank" and "turn over" are describing the same thing. So my questions are: is it not turning over or is it turning over but not starting and running. It helps to be clear here in order to diagnose.
This drives me nuts too.

Check your safety switches..its the most likely culprit and easy to check with a short piece of wire by jumping them out.

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #7  
If correct, between the ether and no air cleaner for 8 hours, the motor 8 hours running, the motor is toast anyway. I find the op's description to be pretty cryptic.

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #8  
1 ambiguous post and gone.. Seems to happen quite often.

/ Mahindra 1533L hydrostatic wont turn over. #9  
I would check the fuel solenoid as well. That just shuts off fuel flow. It will still fire on starting fluid or any other combustible forced into it through the intake. If it ran after starting fluid it sounds like the pump isn’t getting fuel delivery and suctioning after running.