Case 1370 White

/ Case 1370 White #21  
For the life of me, I don’t know why people think they can overhaul one of these.??
They don’t know how they work, they have no idea how to take them apart, let alone put it back together or where the hell to buy parts, EVEN IF they had the part #’s for the parts.!!
I do give u credit for taking it off tho..BUT, u didn’t know about the timing marks before I said something..
And without knowing about them, u wouldn’t have gotten it started or running correctly..
And inorder to fix the stuck p&b’s, the tops have to be removed & parts need to be replaced once u open it up..
Orings and copper gaskets..
What are the part #’s and how tight do u tighten up the holders.??

/ Case 1370 White #22  
I agree. Some things are best left to the professional. This is definitely one of those things. A really good mechanic can jack up a injection pump if they do not know anything about them.

/ Case 1370 White
Hey guys,
While I fully agree that the pump needs to be looked at by someone who knows what they are doing. I also fully agree that I shouldn’t have opened it up. I did know about the timing marks, Ive been through that before on my Allis. Once I got into the pump, I was lost. I also cant justify the cost to pay someone who knows what they are doing on a tractor with more problems then it is worth. Its also my in-laws and they barely do maintenance let alone proper repairs. But, we do need it running again. I know pay now or pay later. We will deal with it when it comes.

That being said. Little penetrating lube and a lot of tapping with a wooden dowel. It freed up. I know it wasn’t right way. But it worked for now. Back on the tractor and running like a champ. Ill keep my fingers crossed. Ive explained to the in-laws that when it goes bad it will go very bad. It’s on them now.

Thanks again for all the great advice and knowledge.

/ Case 1370 White
Just thought I’d update. Baled 40 acres and brushcut 20. No issues as of yet. Thanks again.