Suggest a grass collection system?

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #11  
I never understood why people collect grass clipping and then have to dispose of them. seems very strange to me.

/ Suggest a grass collection system?
I never understood why people collect grass clipping and then have to dispose of them. seems very strange to me.

We have had a very wet summer and i can mow twice a week and still get a mess of grass rows. If i don't pick them up they kill the grass and make it harder to mow next time. I hate grass collecting!

everyone around my local towns yards have it right now. I have even seen some people mow and then mow it again!

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Suggest a grass collection system? #13  
We have had a very wet summer and i can mow twice a week and still get a mess of grass rows. If i don't pick them up they kill the grass and make it harder to mow next time. I hate grass collecting!

everyone around my local towns yards have it right now. I have even seen some people mow and then mow it again!
Sure it kills the grass underneath. I beg to differ with you. My wife and I mow not only our farm yard but the yards on the three adjacent rentals we own and I've mowed windrows on all the lawns many times.. We call it mowing 'cud' and it's never killed anything. In fact it promotes growth as it decomposes.

I chop my hayfields in the fall close too and leave the chopped hay lay in place as it fertilizes the plants over the winter as it decomposes and saves me fertilizer costs. Been doing that for years.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #14  
Don’t miss the side discharge mowers. Like gator blades and rear discharge rfm. Rounded sides sticking out makes for easy close trimming. Backing up under low trees, bushes and creek banks mows where other mowers can’t go. Wife likes to do most of the mowing. The heat and rain sure makes the grass grow.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #15  
My feeling is, collecting grass clipping is a physiological thing, makes the yard look neater and causes a pile of stinky molding grass clippings to be deposited in a remote spot in the yard or put in garbage bags and sent to the landfill to help fill it up.

Same way with fall leaves, I never remove them I let the wind blow them away or I'll move them towards the wind break pines we have to mulch under them.

Sure it kills the grass underneath. I beg to differ with you. My wife and I mow not only our farm yard but the yards on the three adjacent rentals we own and I've mowed windrows on all the lawns many times.. We call it mowing 'cud' and it's never killed anything. In fact it promotes growth as it decomposes.

I chop my hayfields in the fall close too and leave the chopped hay lay in place as it fertilizes the plants over the winter as it decomposes and saves me fertilizer costs. Been doing that for years.

I can show you otherwize. If i move the grass clumps from the last mow the grass under it is yellow. This grass clippings is very thick not just a dusting.

My feeling is, collecting grass clipping is a physiological thing, makes the yard look neater and causes a pile of stinky molding grass clippings to be deposited in a remote spot in the yard or put in garbage bags and sent to the landfill to help fill it up.

Same way with fall leaves, I never remove them I let the wind blow them away or I'll move them towards the wind break pines we have to mulch under them.

I would have 50 trash bags if that was the case. Yes the yard looks better and you can walk through it without a half the yard stuck to your shoes.

Last time i removed 550 cu. Ft of grass my hopper holds 22 cu. Ft, i had to empty it 25 times.

Don’t miss the side discharge mowers. Like gator blades and rear discharge rfm. Rounded sides sticking out makes for easy close trimming. Backing up under low trees, bushes and creek banks mows where other mowers can’t go. Wife likes to do most of the mowing. The heat and rain sure makes the grass grow.

I would like a rfm but i'm not sure that would fix the grass clippings. It seems like they would just be spread out more but still there. I think that is why i have seen people mowing the yard twice with a zero turn to mulch up the clippings

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #19  
I have a Kubota 3 bag unit on my 2017 BX23s. works great. biggest prob is damp or wet grass. sticks to under deck, and can get clogged in discharge if grass is to thick.

I have a Kubota 3 bag unit on my 2017 BX23s. works great. biggest prob is damp or wet grass. sticks to under deck, and can get clogged in discharge if grass is to thick.

How easy are the bags to empty?