Suggest a grass collection system?

/ Suggest a grass collection system?
I meant poison for bugs.
Every 3 - 6 days?? What kind of lawn do you have? Right next to 3-mile island? Nuclear grass? My lawn is lucky if it sees me every couple weeks.
You could take a page from the Italians around Boston. I knew a few who got heavy gravel to kill the grass and painted the rocks green.
Whenever I drove past their houses I'd quote the old Ragu commercial "It's in there."

Just a regular old 3 acre lot. Everyone locally is having the same issue. Usually this time of year the grass is dead from no rain.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #34  
Suggest a grass collection system?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 48
   / Suggest a grass collection system? #35  
I looked into this 4 or 5 years ago. Seemed they were all pricey. One I didn’t see mentioned here was from Protero. I can’t speak to the virtues of one vs the next as I decided to stick with my collection system on my zero turn.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #36  
In reality, it's not the spindle rpm but the blade tip speed, which is why larger decks cut better than smaller ones. I rarely run my 72" Tank at rated (3600 rpm). Don't need to as my blade tip speed is sufficient at less rpm and it's easier on gas too.
Most mowers have gear boxes made to achieve reasonable blade tip speeds at the rated input PTO rpm. The starting point is the desired tip speed and work back from that to whatever gearing it may take. Larger decks by and large have about the same tip speed as smaller ones, though there is variation among manufacturers. As I recall 15,000 fpm is fairly typical.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #37  
I bought a used Trac Vac #452 https://trac-vac.com/wp-content/uploads/trac-vac_452-D.jpg. It's a lot like that one. The grass can not be needing a mowing or else it clogs it all up, It's good only for dry leaves; anything wet clogs it up little sticks can clog it up.

If I had my druthers I'd have a rotating Brush that would work well on pretty much any litter. I'd have built one of I could find a good used brush about 2 feet in diameter about 50 or so inches long

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #38  
IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

Rear discharge. Lever to switch from hopper to rear discharge easily from operator’s seat. Hopper vacuums up cut grass and clippings from a week ago.
IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

3/4 hopper 400-500#? Little boat winch to open hopper. Quick and easy. Be easy to convert to hydraulic.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #39  
That is a big investment ,yet limited use flail mower, not a grass picker upper -- though it probably works great.

/ Suggest a grass collection system? #40  
How easy are the bags to empty?
The 3 bags just hang on the bagger frame. No hard conection like a screw or clasp or anything, they are just held in place by the top of the bagger. very easy