Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,221  
77F, cloudy, wet, with some light rain @ 11:30, supposedly heading up to a high of 89F. LWS reports 0.02" accumulation since midnight.

Should start seeing some breaks in the clouds around 15:00 but still calling for "mostly cloudy".

So looking like a mostly inside day at this point.

Items on agenda:

House and garage cleaning/straightening up.

Maybe repot some coleus.

Banking and schedule a bill for payment.

Trash and recyclables taken up to the can at the road.

Maybe check on the Yellowjacket situation up in the shop and do a little welding on the floor/deck for the B2910.

Apparently word is out that the hosta bar is open for business:

IMG_1940 copy.jpg

First time I've seen them eating the big blue-green hosta.

Ten Day showing a full 7 days of nice weather with no rain after some showers tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Monday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,222  
I've read the whole area in the S/W US which has been in serious drought just got a big dose of rain, flooding national parks, stranding tourists, wrecking a lot of homes.
Didn't that just happen in Australia too?
Not when you want to be living next to the community arroyo.

I always wanted to live near the water, not in the water. Water never got up high enough in great flood of 1955 to bother our farm, but absolutely wrecked the little
towns below, New Hope and Lambertville NJ. Bridges came down, inches of mud everywhere. That's when I learned you can plow mud with an old snow plow.
Age 5, hanging on to John Deere B metal seat like a monkey in the back, one foot on something sturdy (a real OSHA nightmare....) while my father plowed mud out of neighbor's driveways.

Wells were polluted and wrecked, deliveries of bottled water went on for a long time. Not on our farm, thankfully. Ancient old wood rod and leather ringed well pump.
I was told they had to replace the leathers. That must have been old... it was all redone at some point not long after, maybe 1960 . Same time grandfather installed an ancient old green Onan LP generator in the well house, so that water would always be running for the three homes on the farm. The case on that gen was like art deco, a beautiful green, like the old detroit diesels.
I had begun to notice engines and machinery early on...what marvelous contraptions. Onan had a simple chromed toggle switch to start it. One way for preheat, other way for start.
Vrooom. I was hooked.

RS, bb gun with 2-3 pumps. Just enough to sting.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,223  
68°F and .04 inches rain. Actually just started really coming down. Guess any thought of outside activities on hold.

Kids made it home safely. One flight delay but thankfully not one of the cancellations. They were able to use my Club passes in Dulles, which was good as 2 were about to expire next month. No feedback yet, but I suspect that negated having to do dinner elsewhere.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #154,224  
Agree with you Buppies. Even though never met the guys, I find myself wondering about him often.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,225  
   / Good morning!!!! #154,226  
Special thoughts prayers for the family Rich.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,227  
93F cloud sun mix 5 mph wind,fingers cross rain around 8pm.

Not much happen today...8 hours on the job follow quick lunch,than watch paving crew do their thing...just like clock work. (y)
No plans for the evening except numbing it.

Enjoy the rest of the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,229  
I found this plane very interesting.
They have taken a Texas cropduster plane over to Oklahoma for weaponizing into a plane called The Sky Warden.
Looks like a mini AWACs inside.
Even Popgadget might have to look twice at the gauge panel...

apparently August 1st they awarded the contract.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,230  
You need one Drew