Pot metal repair

/ Pot metal repair #11  
From the picture...it looks like it would be simple to cut one out of a piece of angle iron...easy peasy...!

/ Pot metal repair #12  
A mill and a plasma cutter would make it pretty easy, but not the ONLY way to skin that cat... Steve

Rather than remove that much material from a piece of 1/4" angle, I would use 1/4" flat stock and make a "key" with the tab for the hinge pin as the bow or handle and the vertical stiffener at the edge of the drilled plate as the blade. Perhaps there is enough clearance that the "blade" could be as wide as the handle. Then weld the "key" along the edge of another piece of 1/4" flat stock for a new plate--fillet on the inside, corner joint on the outside.

/ Pot metal repair #13  
With that being pot metal and containing a fair amount of zinc, be sure to look up "metal fume fever" before you attempt to weld on it.

/ Pot metal repair #14  
Them hobo frate propane torch rods would do it.

/ Pot metal repair #15  
I'd buff it clean, glue it together (JB Weld maybe). After it set I would then cut some small pieces of metal to cover the crack plus (for bracing), then glue them on with the strongest glue I have handy.

/ Pot metal repair
I'd buff it clean, glue it together (JB Weld maybe). After it set I would then cut some small pieces of metal to cover the crack plus (for bracing), then glue them on with the strongest glue I have handy.

That is pretty close to what I did. I JB Welded and clamped the two pies together at the fracture. After it set, I trimmed a piece of angle iron as a reinforcement and JB Welded that to the fixture. I drilled and tapped the piece for bolts, one on each side of the break. Put bolts in the tapped holes, cut the excess off, ground them flush.

It's reinstalled and working perfectly.

IMG_20220814_153914595.png
IMG_20220814_153919550.png

/ Pot metal repair #20  
Probably as good as you can get until you eventually build new.