Oil & Fuel GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #42  
What is the white crystal-like or foam at the top of the fill tube?
Those are air bubbles. When the fluid enters the return area pressure is released. This depressurization of the fluid can cause small air bubbles to form. Especially if the fluid is cold

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #43  
Wow, pictures explain your issue better than any description. An inspection camera down the fill tube might help out here. Something might have gotten dropped in during the fluid change. Don't be afraid of removing the tube for better access. I'm sure someone can provide insights.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid
I put the old fluid back in the tractor today. Grasping at straws now.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid
The fluid wasn't cold tractor had been running for a hour or better.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #47  
I put the old fluid back in the tractor today. Grasping at straws now.
I can understand your frustration. This is not a typical problem. As hube2 says, the issue seem to be a blockage not allowing the oil to drain back into the sump. The return line from the FEL drains back into the hydraulic lift cover. If it cannot drain, it will continue to fill until it starts coming out of the fill tube, which is actually a good thing as it stops any pressure build up that could blow out seals. The fill tube is only attached by a bolt on its side, and an o-ring in the base. If you remove it, it may allow the drain hole to be visible. Just going by the pictures, my GC2300 is very similar, but not identical.

Attachments

• hydro cover.jpg
    hydro cover.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 54
  • drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 62
   / GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #48  
Psst. Is it possible that the lever to the rear remotes has been switched on, and if no hydraulic implements are hooked up, the hydraulics are now dead-heading or flowing through a relief valve?

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #49  
Your going to have to pull the hydraulic strainer and see if it's plugged up.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #50  
Psst. Is it possible that the lever to the rear remotes has been switched on, and if no hydraulic implements are hooked up, the hydraulics are now dead-heading or flowing through a relief valve?
Doesn't explain the pics posted by the OP with a visible level on the gauge for the oil sump, yet fluid coming out of the fill tube at a higher location.

Attachments

• sight glass.jpg
    sight glass.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 47
  • tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 46