Advice for 1980 Kubota L345

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345
No...worst case is the damage the tractor might do to the operator during such an event! :oops:

True but if I get killed I don't have to fret about having damaged the tractor whereas if I survive... I'm honestly not sure what point I'm trying to make. Never mind.

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345
I just spoke with the local Kubota dealer and he told me that the cooling system does not have a coolant overflow reservoir.

Would anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345 #13  
Certainly easy enough to add of you want to. Any auto parts store will have a coolant overflow bottle on the shelf.

I see it lost it's ROPS sometime in it's life and that is something I consider necessary and technically you cannot buy a tractor from a dealer where the ROPS has been removed or modified in any way and that is a Federal law but you bought it at auction so that may not apply.

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345 #14  
I just spoke with the local Kubota dealer and he told me that the cooling system does not have a coolant overflow reservoir.

Would anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!
It was pretty common for older tractors to not have an over flow tank. About the only time those would dump anything off the radiator, was when the engine was already overheating hard.

The little B7000 I had, didn't even had a water pump. It used a thermosyphon cooling system.

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345 #15  
That tractor likely never had a ROPS.

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345 #17  
From what I see ROPS was not standard equipment till 1985. They did offer a ROPS and seatbelt kit for those that wanted to add it to the older than 1985 models. No idea if they still do.

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345 #18  
From what I see ROPS was not standard equipment till 1985. They did offer a ROPS and seatbelt kit for those that wanted to add it to the older than 1985 models. No idea if they still do.
See post Number 9...........

/ Advice for 1980 Kubota L345 #20  
Read the second bullet point from the Kubota website.