Should I trade my L2501

/ Should I trade my L2501 #51  
This, I think is the traditional Custom Tractor Turbo test drive protocol ...

/ Should I trade my L2501 #52  
The L2501 Turbo setup is finished and running;
View attachment 755404

View attachment 755409

We made one rookie mistake on the intake charge pipe, we didn’t account for the hood prop-rod/absorber. So, we’ll have to redesign that pipe in the near future. Shouldn’t be a big issue.

I’ll have the tractor back on the property tomorrow and should have some time to run it around on Sunday. I’ll start making fuel adjustments next week.

Mike
congrats mike! 🍻

/ Should I trade my L2501 #53  
^^^^
Now, the real fun begins! Testing, data logging and tuning!

Mike

/ Should I trade my L2501 #54  
Everyone we know that bought a 2501 realized immediately it’s woefully underpowered and sold them. That’s why it’s by far the most common mow hour used tractor on the market by a huge number

/ Should I trade my L2501 #55  
Everyone we know that bought a 2501 realized immediately it’s woefully underpowered and sold them. That’s why it’s by far the most common mow hour used tractor on the market by a huge number
I fixed that problem. Lots and lots of power with the Turbo L2501. And for a lot less money than the price difference between the L2501 and the L3301/L3901.

Mike

/ Should I trade my L2501 #56  
Everyone has their reasons for bush hogging, but I do as minimal as possible, and yep it's pretty much always in L range and 4x4 slooooow w/ the L2501 in thick hilly terrain. Not enough reason for me to sell it though. I mainly just do paths bi-weekly, and some small wildflower areas once a year or every other year...I like letting things grow, rewarded by berries, flowers, and new trees galore over 20+ acres that was cut 3x per year for hay prior.

The low cost, simplicity, size and capability of the L2501 for light earthworks, landscaping and gardening is perfect and outweighs the negative of low mowing power for me.

/ Should I trade my L2501 #57  
Everyone has their reasons for bush hogging, but I do as minimal as possible, and yep it's pretty much always in L range and 4x4 slooooow w/ the L2501 in thick hilly terrain. Not enough reason for me to sell it though. I mainly just do paths bi-weekly, and some small wildflower areas once a year or every other year...I like letting things grow, rewarded by berries, flowers, and new trees galore over 20+ acres that was cut 3x per year for hay prior.

The low cost, simplicity, size and capability of the L2501 for light earthworks, landscaping and gardening is perfect and outweighs the negative of low mowing power for me.

Here's something I'm putting together on the L2501 Turbo;

Once I finish Part 3, I'll post a new thread here too.

Mike

/ Should I trade my L2501 #58  
Thanks for the write-up Mike.

/ Should I trade my L2501 #59  
I bought a new Kubota L2501HST in 2018 and use it strictly for bush hogging and a little loader work. I love this little tractor except for one thing. It does not have enough power to bush hog heavy vegetation. For loader work it's great and for light cutting it's ok. I know some will say I need to sharpen the cutter blades, adjust the angle of the cut, not cut so close, etc. I have sharpened the blades, I have adjusted the angle of the cut several times and I have no intention of leaving more than a couple of inches of vegetation behind after I run over it. The sad truth is the little tractor simply does not have enough power to do what I want it to do.
I wanted more power when I bought it but settled for the 25 hp because of the tier 4 emissions crap. Now I am wondering if I made a mistake and am considering trading it in for a L3901. I think the L3301 would be enough but if I take the plunge into the regen engines I'm gonna make sure I'm overpowered rather than underpowered. I often read of regen problems but don't have a good feel for their frequency. I understand that anything mechanical/electronic can experience occasional problems but if regen problems are rare rather than often I can live with it. I would be interested to hear from owners of Kubotas with tier 4 emission controls. Trouble free, occasional trouble or lots of trouble?

Your situation sounded like mine back in 2019. I had a L3301 and found it just wasn't what I needed to work in the woods and for the size of trees I needed to remove.
I upgraded to an MX5400 and haven't looked back.
If you are looking to upgrade DO NOT go to a higher L platform like the L3901. Buy once cry once. Get the MX platform.

/ Should I trade my L2501 #60  
^^^^
Or keep the L2501 and add a Turbo! ;)

Mike