new ranger review?

/ new ranger review?
Are you talking about the full size Bronco or the Bronco Sport?
Gee, no idea since our entire shopping criteria is we like our ranger, got good service from our dealership and seen the new Bronco's around town. Maybe we seen the smaller ones? I really know next to nothing about them.

/ new ranger review? #692  
The Bronco Sports are smaller, I think they might be all 4 door models and look to be built on the Escape platform. The Bronco's can be had in 2 or 4 door models and look bigger and more robust. I would guess they are somewhat based on the Ranger platform (???). They are definitely big and beefy. And pricey. My wife wants me to buy one.

/ new ranger review? #693  
The Bronco Sports are smaller, I think they might be all 4 door models and look to be built on the Escape platform. The Bronco's can be had in 2 or 4 door models and look bigger and more robust. I would guess they are somewhat based on the Ranger platform (???). They are definitely big and beefy. And pricey. My wife wants me to buy one.
I was at the Kia dealership a while back and they had a new (baby) Bronco. The person traded it in for a larger KIA SUV because the Bronco was too small. They do make a (big) Bronco on the Ranger platform. For clarification:

"Again, we think you’re confusing the Big Bronco and Baby Bronco if you think it looks like a Ford Escape circa 2011. The Baby Bronco is, in fact, built on the current Ford Escape platform and also shares the same engine line-up – a 1.5-liter EcoBoost and a 2.0-liter EcoBoost.

The actual Bronco is built on the Ford Ranger platform, and they both share the base 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. Bronco, however, adds an up-level 2.7-liter EcoBoost, and the Ranger does not."

https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2021/05/ford-bronco-and-bronco-sport-are-not-the-same-vehicle-at-all/#:~:text=Bronco%20is%20not%20built%20on%20the%20Escape%20platform,–%20a%201.5-liter%20EcoBoost%20and%20a%202.0-liter%20EcoBoost.

/ new ranger review? #694  
The big Bronco has had their issues. The hard tops were de-laminating, the soft tops come unglued, and the 2.7L engine blows up. I do like the looks of them but a person needs a top and engine sometimes.
Still like this Ranger thing. Would get another, in fact, we will look at a Bronco as our next vehical....

Last edited:
   / new ranger review? #695  
My wife fell in love with the Bronco Sport and ordered one in January of 2021. It took until May to get it because of a couple of supply issues. She has almost 30,000 miles on it with no issues. Delivers over 30 MPG. I looked at one of the full-size Broncos, but she wanted the Sport. She’s five foot nuthin’ and it fits her well. I’m 6’2” and have plenty of room. I like it, but still prefer my Dodge CTD…

/ new ranger review?
Back to the new Rangers. I'm temporarily working 20 miles out of town and driving back and forth daily and doing 63 or so. Getting 23.5 MPG but there is some city driving in that as well. Now all the guys with 1 ton trucks powered via v-10 can chime in and claim to get better..... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / new ranger review?
Rangers that work.
P1070016.jpg
P1070029.jpg

/ new ranger review?
Out camping-n-towing this weekend. :LOL:
P1070130.jpg
P1070176.jpg
P1070242.jpg

Fresh white fish a grilling. (I was getting a picture of grilling and managed to get the ranger in it 😅)
P1070153.jpg

What has your new generation Ranger been up to???

/ new ranger review? #700  
Arly - is that a typo? you said in a post above 23.5 mpgs. Either way, not bad for a mid-size 4x4.

I see the GM mid size trucks are new for 2023 and using a similar powertrain to complete with the Ranger. I hope they get mid 20's for mileage.