Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,401  
Today and tomorrow is the New Hope car show. I love car shows, but avoid this one like the plague due to overcrowding and traffic in our small little town.

Next week though is Middletown Grange Fair, though they doubled the per car fee to $20, we will be going at least one day. Lots of animals and tractors. Though I heard no birds due to bird flu.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,402  
Good morning to all! Low of 61°, going up to the mid 80's. Not a cloud in the sky, crisp blue.

While we were doing the errands yesterday, the daughter and family were driving down from Colorado. We had a pizza party before they headed back. I was able to show the daughter and her boyfriend what was done and what was needed on the jeep, hence getting the additional bucks for parts.

The grandson is back staying with us again for the upcoming start to the college term. I can't believe he's already a sophomore in college..... seems like last week he was learning to walk.....

Wng, I always look forward to seeing your hiking pics, thanks for posting.

Don, that's one nice tractor to play on! Have fun!

BEF, how is your dad doing with the tractor? Hopefully he's taking it easy.

Ken, you'll love that hose reel.... so much easier than having to roll up manually. It was one of my better tool purchases.

Headed out shortly to pick up some more parts, then after I return, might take the trimmer for another walk. The rain a few days ago increased the groth rate of the weeds exponentially. Gotta stay ahead of them.

Got delivery confirmation emails for the car parts... should be the middle to end of next week. Plenty of other work to get done in the meantime.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,403  
72 high of 90 rain maybe no joy. Dehydration set in yesterday at 11:00AM yesterday sat in vehicle until 5:30 cramps in hands feet legs toes chest arms very uncomfortable very weak still but no cramps last night. 95 for high shirt pants socks wet. Enough babbling

Prayers for all our Country, Toppop Ron Kyle all others silent or spoken
Thank you, and Mostly too for the prayers.

BEF, how do you get anything done being held down by that kitty?

I must admit, I've been catching up since Wednesday late, on posts.

WE GOT SOME RAIN! Maybe .1 on Monday and .5" on Wednesday, a trace yesterday. Ground has soaked it all up. Our pond is at least 2' low or more. I took the opportunity to shred around the banks. I had trouble attaching the shredder, the telescoping PTO shaft had froze stuck. Good grief. After much effort, 2 hours later, it was apart, wire brushed, greased, and back together. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Grease your PTOs, not the plastic protective tube, but pull it apart, clean and grease the steel tubes to keep rust at bay.

So many chores to do, not sure where to start. It's hard to get started. Work is similar. The days fly by.
I was on the phone with India for over an hour trying to get our internet fixed yesterday. We only have DSL, but it has always been fast enough to stream movies on the TV, or do anything online we've wanted to do.

Speeds dropped to a trickle (0.9 mbps), and after trouble shooting myself, tried an online chat session with the phone company with the virtual bot, then a supposedly real person, but who seemed less human than the bot...finally called and was walked through same steps, and then told I must have "exhausted it" like I made it ride a bike 100 miles with Mostly, or something. Was also told my modem was obsolete, that I should upgrade to a faster speed (which failed last time I tried to get them to do it), that I had too many devices running on wifi, and ultimately that I should just watch it for a couple of days and see if it improves. Finally, after 3 tries, got the customer "service" rep to place a ticket for a technician...scheduled in SIX DAYS. I always thought these horror stories applied to satellite providers, not regulated monopoly phone companies.

I did learn something...this fellow in India told me every device we have connected to our wifi, including calling out that one was a Kindle, one was a Samsung, etc. and was able to see me switch them off. Spooky. Plus I am being sent a new wifi modem/router... and am "watching it" to see if it gets any faster o_O.
We just upgraded our internet, which is the kind where we point a parabolic dish at a tower. After we informed our old provider that we were going to drop, their customer retention lady called my wife and told her, they'd give us new equipment, and go from supposed 6mg/sec (usually 3-4 with frequent drops), to 15mg for only another $10 per month than we are already paying. And no charge for the new equipment. We've been with them for at least 5 years. I ran a fast.com test last night and it was over 14 down and almost 3 up.

Glad you are doing well and hiking up to the mountain tops still. We are blessed.

sent another private email to Toppop.
sent him best wishes from all of us and offered to go down and help.
He's only a couple hours away and not too far from friend in Milton DE.
Last time I saw Toppop was in diner with his fiance who became his wife. Or maybe they were married by then.
He was happy. Hope his wife is taking good care of him.
It didn't sound like a good time for him. Hope they can fix it.
Randy/Randall has a really nice smile and a very big heart.
I pray Randy is healing.

something I never tried, always was curious about
now that I'm retired, no worries about drug tests, but still, no access to them.
Though I guess everything is available online. I figured when I took my rv out West I could find some medicinal mushrooms.
Never made that trip. I did know I wouldn't be planning on driving for several days.
Didn't want to deal with pink moose.

really important that folks drive sober. What they do at home, in their woods, is their business.

I wonder if Don sees anyone under the influence driving golf carts, speeding.
Now we have a job for Bird. Give him a fast cart and a badge and he can give out speeding tickets on the community straightaway.
No worries from me, mine is slow, but fast enough to create a breeze with the front window half way down.
Geez, I could get a ticket for doing 8 in a 6mph zone though... I'll have some Entemann donuts ready for Bird.
better watch out with those crazy mushrooms....I believe the laws are still harsh for them.
Haven't had the heart to be on here much lately. Lesley hasn't been well.
I took her to the Dr today and they called an Ambulance and sent her into Hospital. Heart playing up probably caused by sleep aponea. They need to run some more tests so it is wait and see at the moment.
Doug
Doug, prayers for Lesley and you. Pray the medical staff can help her and for divine healing.

Roy, hope the wifey's ankle was just a slight twist and not a sprain.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 084618.jpg

Thought this was funny.

Prayers for Lesley, Buppies, Randy, and all in silent need, our country, Ukraine, and for Putin to come to his senses.

Hope PJS is OK, spending time with his lovely wife.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,404  
68°F and .01 inches rain.

Sophie went to her sister’s eye doc for a 2nd opinion yesterday. Dr made notes for her to bring back. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Plan is to get some mowing in today. Split time between the Scag and BX as I still don’t have my flail bracket. This is interior mowing.

All my boys are sporting new collars with AirTags replacing the not so old, formerly brightly colored ones that faded into ugly in just a couple of months. Will be interesting to see if I can see their whereabouts on the property.

Primary day here in Hawaii. Evening news should be interesting. Voting strictly by party but doesn’t matter which. Took advantage and voted the other side as this is pretty much a 1 party state currently.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #154,405  
Good Morning, and I'm catching up again ...

almost got the GMC Tracker running yesterday. replaced an o ring. there is still a need to get pressure in the fuel line. Still the mystery with the El Camino. Had an interesting evening with the ice cream crew ... checking out the custom built rat rod that my buddy just finished for a client. about $100,000 vehicle now. impressive, but not my kinda ride... way too low.

1660409469643.png

Alien - praying for Lesley and for you, take care. thanks for checking in and letting us know

Wagtail - that is a serious amount of expected wet. stay safe

Popgadget - impressive. I love the carry all

sodamo - uggh, would have been a nice dishwasher ... praying for patience. good thing that you checked it out. almost like it was damaged, re-boxed, shipped anyway

buckeye - hopefully they refund soon for the generator. I don't use Amazon, but my wife has a bit. th nice to get the cable work done. the lap cat is awesome, feel better and no crawling around today

Buppies - have an awesome day, take care of your wife too, I love it when nature wanders through the yard

LS - most of my days lately are Busy, like that

Loving all the PHOTOS, guys

wngsprd - that looks like a challenging hiking trail I think

Thomas - that is a lot of mowing for one day ... progress

RNG - busy maintenance day for you, stay safe in all that effort

riptides - coffee is always a good start, joining you in that

RoyJ - perfect day to sit back and chill, no dump runs here for me this week

kenmbz - progress in the shop, when I can finally get back to my workbench, my garage will be much more organized, and the air hose will find a home too

Kyle - prayers, and glad that it RAINED. have a great day

I'm off to get some stuff done. :)

Attachments

• 1660409087475.png
    1660409087475.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,406  
73F and partly cloudy @ 12:30, heading up to a a very pleasant high of around 76F for the day.

Got front lawn all mowed first thing yesterday, mostly because it needed it and the sun was out making it pretty warm.

After that I got another 18 pumpkin and winter squash planted and watered in.

Neighbor's grandson stopped by as I was finishing that up, wanted a couple of pallets as he was cleaning things up at their place. Sure, go ahead.

Found out his grandfather - the retired heavy equipment mechanic who had recently helped me with the Kubota - did not make it home from the hospital. He was due to come home Wednesday, he passed away on Tuesday. He was 75. A truly great guy ... and we were very lucky and blessed to have him as a neighbor. RIP Jeff.

Last thing I did before knocking off for the day was to pick the first two tomatoes. I'd say "from the garden" but they were actually growing in pots next to the house. The Woman and I split one of them last night with dinner and we both agreed that it was good and had some flavor.

Agenda for today:

Refill hopper and 1 suet feeder.

Finish the tilling in the middle at the southern end of the expanded garden area.

Check spacing on east side of expanded garden area to see if there's enough room to get another row of winter squash and pumpkins planted with black plastic mulch between it and the last row planted. If not, I may have to haul down and add more screened compost/manure to the eastern edge.

Plant more winter squash and pumpkin plants, maybe run a string line and start getting the asparagus plants in the ground.

Ten Day forecast is showing an 8 day period of nice temps (highs in the 70's and 80's) with low chances of rain (25% or less)

Hope everyone has a great Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,408  
Found out his grandfather - the retired heavy equipment mechanic who had recently helped me with the Kubota - did not make it home from the hospital. He was due to come home Wednesday, he passed away on Tuesday. He was 75. A truly great guy ... and we were very lucky and blessed to have him as a neighbor. RIP Jeff.
Sorry for the loss of your good friend.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,410  
BEF, how is your dad doing with the tractor? Hopefully he's taking it easy.

Ken, you'll love that hose reel.... so much easier than having to roll up manually. It was one of my better tool purchases.

!

Dad has put about 15 gallons of fuel thru tractor since getting it back. He goes and bush hogs 1-2 hrs each day.

His brakes went out in his car, fortunately at the house. My sister had to get him diesel yesterday. I took him 10+ gallons my last trip.
He mowed from 9-11:20 this morning, went out again at 2:20. I have cellular camera to keep an eye on him.

I cut new top panels for my shed this morning. Need to start painting one more whole sheet and the ones I cut. I removed old pieces on one side to fit test, this side needs new panel.
IMG_5690.JPG