MX6000 water separator light coming on

/ MX6000 water separator light coming on #1  

jstrick

Tractor
Farmall H and Kubota MX6000
I have a 2020 MX6000 with about 175 hours and the water separator light is coming on intermittently - usually just a few seconds and then goes off for several minutes. I've heard the beeper only once, just for a couple of seconds. The engine is running fine - no missing or bogging down at all. I have read the manual and got basically nothing from it. I have checked the separator (as per the manual) and see nothing in there at all. I opened the drain valve and fuel came out - no water, no dirt, nothing weird looking. I don't use the tractor a whole lot, so I use 5 gallon cans (new last year) and don't store fuel for long periods. I have not changed the fuel filter yet - is there a sensor on it? Is there somewhere else I need to check for contaminants or is it possible the sensor is sending bad information? I know that bad fuel is really bad news on these engines, so I don't want to take chances with this.

/ MX6000 water separator light coming on #2  
I have never owned a tractor with a water separator alarm so no experience to offer. However, my first guess is a loose wire or intermittent sensor. In the meantime it won't hurt to run some water absorbing / dryout additive through the machine for couple of tanks and asee if that changes anything. Seafoam or the diesel additive in the white can whose title I forget... 2 colors of cans for that brand.

/ MX6000 water separator light coming on #3  
I have a 2020 MX6000 with about 175 hours and the water separator light is coming on intermittently - usually just a few seconds and then goes off for several minutes. I've heard the beeper only once, just for a couple of seconds. The engine is running fine - no missing or bogging down at all. I have read the manual and got basically nothing from it. I have checked the separator (as per the manual) and see nothing in there at all. I opened the drain valve and fuel came out - no water, no dirt, nothing weird looking. I don't use the tractor a whole lot, so I use 5 gallon cans (new last year) and don't store fuel for long periods. I have not changed the fuel filter yet - is there a sensor on it? Is there somewhere else I need to check for contaminants or is it possible the sensor is sending bad information? I know that bad fuel is really bad news on these engines, so I don't want to take chances with this.

Another thing you could check is the bottom of the tank. If it's like the MX4700 the fuel line comes out of the tank a little above the bottom. Therefore, technically, it is the first water trap. I would put a clear siphon hose to the bottom of the tank and siphon some fuel out and see if you detect water. Move the hose around a bit while keeping it at the bottom. That way you also get to see how clean your fuel is.

Just a suggestion.

/ MX6000 water separator light coming on
I can't find anything about a recall on this tractor, or any tractor's water separator. If you have seen something, please post a link!