Finally bought a CUT

/ Finally bought a CUT #1  

candrdavis

Tractor
Kubota bx 2230
Hello all;
I've been a member for some years but finally bought a MF2850E HST to replace my poor little SCUT BX2230 which I killed. My fault entirely. Now that I have something much bigger I need attachments; especially a rotary cutter and bale spear. I'll be perusing the threads to get some guidance on those selections and hopefully some tidbits of information on my new tractor in general. Salesman was not too helpful, tractor buying seems to be the rage right now and availability for anything is very limited. Still excited though!!

MF2850E.jpg

/ Finally bought a CUT #2  
Congrats on the new rig;lots of us have purchased too small to start.
I went from 32 HP to 44 HP and wishing for 70 HP.

/ Finally bought a CUT #3  
Congratulations on the new machine. I have to ask... What happened to the previous tractor?

I looked up the specs on that machine, and it seems very capable. The only downside I see is that it doesn't have a ssqa bucket, so you may want to either convert it from pin on to ssqa, or use the rear 3 point for moving hay bales.
Enjoy!

/ Finally bought a CUT
Congratulations on the new machine. I have to ask... What happened to the previous tractor?

I looked up the specs on that machine, and it seems very capable. The only downside I see is that it doesn't have a ssqa bucket, so you may want to either convert it from pin on to ssqa, or use the rear 3 point for moving hay bales.
Enjoy!
I'm glad you brought that up. I was told I have to get skid steer quick attach-type stuff but I have no idea how to find them. When I look for skid steer attachments all I see are bobcat toys. I'm used to the pin-attach but my bucket is quick attach.
My sweet little orange helper sprung a leak in the radiator and I didn't even notice. :(

/ Finally bought a CUT #5  
Congrats on the new more capable tractor as well.

Agree with above , switch over to SS Quick Attach/ bob tach right out of the gate then buy only QA attachments.
The other early to do imo would be get some weight on that 3 point if you will be moving good sized bales.

/ Finally bought a CUT #6  
I'm glad you brought that up. I was told I have to get skid steer quick attach-type stuff but I have no idea how to find them. When I look for skid steer attachments all I see are bobcat toys. I'm used to the pin-attach but my bucket is quick attach.
My sweet little orange helper sprung a leak in the radiator and I didn't even notice. :(

I see it now! When I first looked at the picture it appeared to be a pin on bucket.
There are lots of ssqa implement manufactures that cater to compact utility tractors. As you are aware, most of the skid steer implements will be too big for the average tractor. Some of the names I am familiar with are Land Pride, HLA, EA Attachments, Titan, to name a few.
I only have a few ssqa attachments for now... Pallet forks, snow plow, hydraulic fence post auger.

/ Finally bought a CUT #8  
Not Titan anymore...it is Ironcraft now.
Mmm... just ordered a stump bucket SSQA and the seller is titanattachments on ebay. Haven't even received it yet,

ad still say Titan?

/ Finally bought a CUT #10  
Mmm... just ordered a stump bucket SSQA and the seller is titanattachments on ebay. Haven't even received it yet,

ad still say Titan?

That is not a manufacturer, it is an importer. These guys were playing off of the name of Titan Implement, now Ironcraft. They even moved their official address to TN to confuse buyers. Google the address and you get a retail strip mall like office, not an industrial manufacturing center. If you want Chinese imports, you have the 'right' seller.

Titan IMPLEMENT, the manufacturer, is carried by dealerships, is actually made in Tennessee and has a great reputation. They changed their name to prevent exactly this type of confusion.