Tight turning with 4WD on

/ Tight turning with 4WD on #1  

Stonewall Cardinal

Tractor
John Deere 5055E
I have a JD 5055e. I know it's not good to turn sharp in 4WD in vehicles. Is this also true with tractors or should I not be worried about it?

TIA

/ Tight turning with 4WD on #2  
You should only be using 4wd on slippery surfaces. regardless of your turning radius. If you are on an unforgiving surface like concrete or asphalt you shouldn't be using 4wd. If you are on a slippery surface, you can use 4wd and do tight turns, the necessary wheels will slip.

/ Tight turning with 4WD on #5  
4WD is an advantage for sharp turns as the fronts pull you around rather than try to push out. Of course I mean the type of surface for which 4wd is meant. One of my tractors in fact has a headland management system that, when switched on, shifts the front wheels to a higher gear once a certain turn angle is reached in order to turn shorter when you make the return pass on a field.

/ Tight turning with 4WD on #6  
Don't try to use turning brakes if you are in 4x4, that's for sure. Do you need the 4x4 at the time or are you just leaving it in 4x4??
I have not heard that before.

I guess I need to check my owners manual.

/ Tight turning with 4WD on #8  
I looked at the owners manual for my TC45DA and it does NOT say not to use the turning brakes when in 4WD.

/ Tight turning with 4WD on #10  
Using 4wd on concrete (or any hard surface) too much will show up in your front axle gear lube. When you change it, it will be VERY dark from the gear wear opposed to clear if 4wd is used only on dirt or gravel