Clamp on Bucket Forks

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #1  

vptech2

Tractor
New Holland TC33D
Anyone using clamp on forks similar to these? A set of forks would sure would be handy to have. I wouldn’t be picking more than 300-500 lbs. but I don’t want damage my bucket.
271CDFD3-F09D-4114-926B-ADD8576F0F5E.png
9598B941-2660-4507-B509-174FE2AC9A7B.png

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #2  
I had a set of the HD ones for my TC33D. I also had the HD New Holland bucket with the bolt-on edge though.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #4  
I bought one of the Titan sets off EBay. Well, my neighbor actually bought them, then I bought them from him. I don't lift things frequently, but when needed, they work great.... for my use....

That use is considered "light use". I have lifted a full 55 gal drum off of the truck, lifted 16- 4"x6"-8' pressure treated posts, carried / moved pallets with 4-500 lbs on them. Nothing like continually having to use them.

The only issue that I have had was the 'screw' loosening allowing one or both forks to move out of 'alignment'. Not really a big deal, more of an occasional nuisance.

If I had to use forks on a daily basis... well I would get an SSQA set of forks.
The bolt ons are ok for those occasional uses

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #5  
I bought one of the Titan sets off EBay. [...] I don't lift things frequently, but when needed, they work great.... for my use....

That use is considered "light use". I have lifted a full 55 gal drum off of the truck, lifted 16- 4"x6"-8' pressure treated posts, carried / moved pallets with 4-500 lbs on them. [...] If I had to use forks on a daily basis... well I would get an SSQA set of forks.
The bolt ons are ok for those occasional uses
I also have a Titan set, without the stabilizer bar. I have the same experience.
Great to have around for moving a pallet with something on it, lifting stuff out of a pickup truck, etc.

But given the geometry, don't expect to pick up anything remotely close to the nominal lifting capacity of your loader, a number reflecting capacity at the pins, not several feet out in front, pinching the bucket at one point.

I've seen people who have put a divot in their bucket through carrying excessive weight on them. I'm being careful, and I have a heavy duty bucket.

I've learned the hard way to keep the screw lubricated and to unmount them at end of day: they can get semi-stuck if you leave them on too long, tightened. Nothing you can't get off, but it's no fun on a rainy, November day when you need the loader for something else.

In case useful to anyone, I do have a screwed-on Piranha tooth bar on the bucket. The forks will go on over top, but need to be set between the teeth.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #6  
If you already have a quick attach setup, you might want to compare prices to a basic quick attach pallet fork. I’m glad I did and it was well worth the “upgrade” for so many reasons.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #7  
The bucket blocks the view of the forks. This makes it difficult to use the forks well. Nothing compares to using forks you can see.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #8  
I’ve never used that particular set of forks but I have used bucket forks. They suck. Aside from the obvious problems the bucket completely blocks your view and you’re stabbing blind.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #9  
I’ve never used that particular set of forks but I have used bucket forks. They suck. Aside from the obvious problems the bucket completely blocks your view and you’re stabbing blind.
What a spotter is for...lol

Do keep one thing in mind always and that is 99% of tractors (no matter how large or small) come with light duty 'material buckets that have single layer floor sheets. You can spec heavy duty 'excavation' buckets with double layer floor sheets but most tractor buyers don't realize there is an option. The single sheet buckets are really prone to getting a 'smile' in the floor sheet when over taxed or using clamp on pallet forks and overloading them. I've fixed a lot of them in the past and it's not an easy fix as you have to cut the sides from the floor sheet and then cold bend the sheet back the remove the 'smile' and then re weld the sides back on.

Much better off buying a set of dedicated SSQA pallet forks. Once you put a smile in a bucket, it becomes basically useless for lever grading and smoothing and the clamp on ones are also inherently dangerous to begin with.

/ Clamp on Bucket Forks #10  
If you decide to get a set of bucket forks. Couple of things to remember. Bucket materal is thin, per 5030 post above. So I use a couple of 6"x6"x1/8" steel plates under the bolt clamps to keep from "dimple-ing" my bucket, esp if you're trying to lift 500# or more.

With the forks so far out in front of your bucket, your lifting capacity will diminish by 50% or more depending on your hydraulics. Just keep that in mind.