Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #51  
Nice looking set up! I bet you're glad with the BH saving your back digging up that tree!

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #52  
The tractor was delivered a few weeks ago, I've been busy with work, but have managed to fit in a couple small projects since I received it. Overall, very happy, my only complaint is that the front end loader hydraulics seem to leak down more quickly than I expected, but not a huge problem.
Nice! Congratulations!

What’s going on with the F-body in the background? ;)

Mike

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #53  
The tractor was delivered a few weeks ago, I've been busy with work, but have managed to fit in a couple small projects since I received it. Overall, very happy, my only complaint is that the front end loader hydraulics seem to leak down more quickly than I expected, but not a huge problem.
Might have it checked out asap. I haven't had that issue.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501
Nice looking set up! I bet you're glad with the BH saving your back digging up that tree!
I really had to convince myself on the backhoe cost, but so far it's been awesome.
Nice! Congratulations!

What’s going on with the F-body in the background? ;)

Mike
Thanks! Pretty basic setup, Gen4 5.3, 4l80E, 7875, E85
I'll give me dealer a call, it's mostly the curl function that seems to sag quickly.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #55  
Re: backhoes or not. We've kicked it around on TBN for years and it always comes out the same.

If you are a homeowner or have small property that you like to work on, a backhoe attachment is a luxury. Financially they don't pay for themselves and rental makes far more dollars and cents sense.

But if your time is more important to you than the money, or you just enjoy doing work at your own pace and at your own convenience then a backhoe attachment is probably worth more than money in the bank.

A couple of other things we all seem to agree on is that the older the person is, the more likely they are to want to have a backhoe available. And their backhoes get used as a crane at least as much as they use it for digging.

Everyone who has a thumb on their backhoe thinks it's worthwhile.

A small backhoe with a thumb may be slower & less powerful than a larger one, but it is way better as a gardening and landscaping tool.

Small excavators are better in every way, but a backhoe attachment is still useful. It sure will throw a tractor around though.

Oh, and lastly.....Do NOT buy a 3PT backhoe. The backhoe absolutely must mount to a special subframe rigidly attached to the tractor. Some accessory backhoes have their own PTO-driven pump and hydraulic reservoir. That's fine, in fact it's better.

BTW, I ignored ALL the above and used a too small 3pt backhoe for decades on all our tractors from 16 to 65 hp.
So I'm not blowing smoke here, I have experience is all the downsides. Now we have two real hoes - one with a thumb.

rScotty
Who says they don’t pay for themselves? Every one of mine has paid for itself plus.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #56  
Who says they don’t pay for themselves? Every one of mine has paid for itself plus.
If I had to rent for every project I've done with my backhoe over the past 20+ years it more than paid for itself, and plan on using it for many more years

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #57  
My backhoe has paid for its self in just the short time
that I have had it. People that say backhoes are not
needed as you can rent one cheaper than owning one.
They are probably rich so they can have someone else
do the job for them or have no idea how nice it is to have
one and not have to spend all the time and hassle it takes
to rent one. Most of us don't live next door to the rent it
shop and when you have to drive 30 miles and maybe
when you get there they don't have one so you can rent it
wasted trip so you have to make another trip and if you
get one then you have to take the time to return it so you
don't have to pay for being late. For us who have them
they are like an extra hand and makes your work easier
for us older folks. But the younger rich folks seems to
always say its not work the expense! They should try
digging out stumps with a shovel or digging a 100 foot
trench full of rocks and bolders or digging trenchs for
power or septic lines etc. I do believe when they hit
our age they will sing a different tune

willy

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #58  
After having a backhoe, I wouldn't not have one.

I only use it for digging.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #59  
I was wishing I could use my backhoe today...Loaders are meant for just that; loading loose material. They weren't meant for hard digging below the surface. I need to either buy and modify a subframe, or get one of my older tractors up and running.