Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C?

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #1  

Lefty7

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940HSTC, LA724, BH92, RTV-X1100C, 1978 Dodge D100 Adventurer (Sunrise Orange), 2018 Ram 2500 (Omaha Orange)
Does anybody know and can tell (or show) me where is the in port for A/C refrigerant on my RTV-1100C?

I've looked and looked and can't find it. Maybe been out in the sun too long...

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #2  
I tried to look at the parts diagram at a few places but seems like they all require you to sign in. :rolleyes:

Most will be at or near the compressor. Start there and work your way to the heater box. The smaller line will be the high side and the larger line will be low side (suction). Just like hydraulics.

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #3  
They are under the hood, near the condenser.

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #4  
Why are you trying to add or remove refrigerant?Before you attempt to charge it make sure you check sub cooling. If you need to charge it set it to 9-12 degrees make sure Any refrigerant you put in goes in as liquid not gas r134a is a blend and can only be added or removed as liquid if you put it in as a vapor it will not be the same chemical compounds

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C?
I'm late getting back here - but am saying thanks for the assistance and suggestions.

I was, of course, wanting to add a wee bit of refrigerant - not remove! The immediate point was to cool the cab down to a sufficient level to give occasional respite my planter worker doing same in a July hot spell - with the work being an absolute necessity 'right now' pending oncoming weather. It worked OK. I've done this before with other vehicles and it works fine as long as the addition is conservative.

It's good to get out the guages and do things the right way by spec, but sometimes on a farm ya gotta wing it.

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #6  
I'm late getting back here - but am saying thanks for the assistance and suggestions.

I was, of course, wanting to add a wee bit of refrigerant - not remove! The immediate point was to cool the cab down to a sufficient level to give occasional respite my planter worker doing same in a July hot spell - with the work being an absolute necessity 'right now' pending oncoming weather. It worked OK. I've done this before with other vehicles and it works fine as long as the addition is conservative.

It's good to get out the guages and do things the right way by spec, but sometimes on a farm ya gotta wing it.
Of course, you could just look at the sight glass on the top of the receiver/dryer.

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #7  
AC refrigerant ports appear to be close to condenser. IMHO adding refrigerant to AC system without using gauges & monitoring pressures can cause AC system to emit warmer not cooler air depending on number of ounce's of refrigerant is installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-26 064140.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-26 064140.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
   / Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C? #8  
AC refrigerant ports appear to be close to condenser. IMHO adding refrigerant to AC system without using gauges & monitoring pressures can cause AC system to emit warmer not cooler air depending on number of ounce's of refrigerant is installed.

Make sure condenser and evaporator coils are clean and look for a leak if you think it’s low on gas and fix it.

/ Where's the refrigerant port RTV-X1100C?
Your comments and suggestions are appreciated - and thanks for screenshot, Tx Jim.

This thread was prompted by that 'I-need-to-do-something-right-now' mentality. There was no time to stop and play with gauges and monitor pressures. Ultimately, I did add a very conservative amount of refrigerant, (which is the ONLY good way to do this - if there is such a thing), and as a result, it cooled things down quite effectively and we got through a difficult planting time without anyone keeling over.

Priorities.