Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,641  
I did not listen to the video, but a friend told me the bridge to Sanibel (the only bridge) is down for the count.
Still waiting for some people to check in. Power down in a lot of locations.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,642  
All my friends in the Ft. Myers area made it with no major damage. All have no power and limited communications. Just chatted with my oldest friend, who's living in Vero Beach now, and they are still getting rain and 50mph winds, but seemed to only catch the back end as it passed by.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,643  
Glad your feel better Roy. :)

Do take easy and rest up L4N. :)

Hope eye and elbow feels working better Buppies. :)

Turn the page and start another chapter...hope the mouth and you got good night sleep BEF. :)

OUCH :eek: glad you least had some protection...keep the feet up wngsprd. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #156,644  
52F clear sky.

Work day pass quickly. :)

Caught quick glimpse of 2 cubs heading for the apple trees at 4:30am going down the driveway...yet to see their mother...hmmm.

This afternoon mowing front field for the last time I believe,notice 2 black burr and one high tail into wood and the other scamper up tree and gave me the look,cubs were sucking up apples like vacuum cleaner.

Good evening for grilling hot sausages adding the fixins,just might seat on the deck with smooth cigar wait for the critters and stars.

Enjoy your evening.

I got the look and cub sat on the limb.

Attachments

• 9-29-22A.jpg
    9-29-22A.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,645  
The word for the day is sh*t. Not because it was a bad day. It was very nice. But because the farmer was spreading manure. Hog manure to be exact. I used to have a friend from Ohio who's father was a hog farmer. He used to say "don't you like the smell of money" Heck no it stinks. Maybe if we get rain this weekend it will tone it down.

Got the lawn mowed. It looks pretty nice.

I can't say what tomorrow will bring

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #156,646  
Glad you’re on the mend Roy

/ Good morning!!!! #156,647  
No major change to eye prescription, not enough to warrant new glasses. Was a bit surprised that left eye worsened from last visit. Dr gave me a form that exempts me from DL vision test when I renew in Nov.

Perhaps more important, my droopy eyelids. Guess I’ll be looking to fix beginning of the year.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,648  
Chris, we had a local turkey farm that just smelled horrible. New neighbors came in, complained, got nowhere and finally the small turkey
operation went out of business. Would be an interesting discussion on what manure smelled the worst...

nice dinner out with friends, but end of long day. Listened to someone play guitar at Farmhouse in Doylestown, place was very live and noisy, and while
his vocals were good, his equipment was boomy and muddled. He needed a new set of Popgadget's speakers!
My friends knew it was hard on my bad ears and I left them enjoying the music.

have a nice evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,649  
Good morning 50 going to 65 today
Nothing specific on the schedule today so will see what I may get into.
The Hawks are getting really low searching for a meal. We have lost barn cats to the Hawks. The deers are showing up in droves for the chestnuts.
Got a handy Knipex plier yesterday for those hard to get things.

View attachment 764303
I just got a pair of those myself at work. I've only used them once, but they sure look handy.
Gave my notice today at work, caused some stir. Big boss wasn’t happy only 1.5 weeks, but my boss told him I had given him a heads up last week. Gonna be a busy few days left as I train people to take over my work. I have mixed feelings about leaving. A lot of corporate knowledge has left in the last couple years since company got bought out, and new company keeps reducing benefits.

Buppies, hope elbow gets better soon.
Hope the job change goes smoothly, and you're able to transfer knowledge to co-workers. Vulcan mind meld.
Good morning! 53˚F heading to the upper 80s like they say every day but somehow it ends up in the mid 90s. Cloudless sky.

Helo, do you have a low tire. The low tire warning is on, on your display. What is the 90 inside the red circle? With 72% battery left what is your range? Yesterday I saw a Tesla like yours with the area between the tail lights smashed in but the tail lights were not broken and the lower bumper was not scratched. I could not figure out what hit him, or what he backed into.

L4N if the rabies vaccine is like the covid vaccine, you probably should get tested.
Saw a Tesla coming through Giddings from Houston headed to Austin/Bastrop/Del Valle, it was a Dual motor and it had "Texas Manufacturer" license plates. Assuming he was a Tesla employee. Haven't seen any Tesla trucks go by yet. Did see one like Drew's friend go buy on a trailer.
Not exactly, but I don't care much for chicken soup
I had chili tonight. I have to watch my intake, or I'll get bad heartburn. I took an antacid.

So, I got a new project at work. Maybe you guys can help me research. They want to upgrade a bunch of the manual machines possibly this year. This shop/lab is for seniors to make their senior project parts and other things. I am not a fan of Jet tools so much. They are "ok" but not great. I would pay more for American made.
Here's what's on my shopping list:
15" x 40"ish manual lathe with digital readout, 6 jaw chuck, taper ability, with a set of quick change tools (like an Aloris tool post).
Nice vertical mill, similar to Bridgeport, with DRO, or possibly like a toolroom cnc mill.
New saw, horizontal at least 14" maybe a bit bigger.
Also interested in legitimate new technology machine tools. Maybe look at diamond wire cnc.

They want something turned in by next Thursday.

If anyone has had experience, or just window shopped new machine tools, please post a link.

Prayers for Florida, it looks like horrible devastation to property. I'm sure there are some that did not leave when they begged them to.

Our good friends, after trying for 13 years, had a baby today. So now they have a 14 yo son, and a brand new baby girl. We are so happy for them.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,650  
Nice moto
But where brakes ??!!

Rear brake only. It is in the rules.

It is similar to speedway, but much larger tracks. Good riders actually do a lot of “braking” by sliding the front wheel going into a turn