Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,731  
Good Morning, 52 going to 57 light rain and wind gusts

Happy birthday Popgadget.
Bird that was a close call
Watching a Rick Stevens travel show this morning with the running of the bulls in Spain.
Looks to be an inside day mostly with the left over hurricane passing by and firing up the wood stove a little to get the moisture out of the house.

Don't think the flowers will last much longer

IMG_1080.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,732  
Good morning.
51 and raining, .8” since it started, supposed to continue for a few days.

Yesterday wasn’t sunny, but it was dry. I got the little airplane put back together, speaker left with a happy new owner, puttered around and got some shop chores done.
About to go out to breakfast with my wife, today I start my 7th decade. I’m going to celebrate by flying a trip to Manchester,NH this evening. Not much else planned.
Wishing you many more trips around the sun :) and welcome to queen city of NH.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,733  
53° and the rain looks to have moved out.

Stayed up half the night redrawing house plans but having trouble with master suite layout. Will try something different today. Wife and I have discussed for last 2 hours. Probably boring you all, I’ll start a new house thread soon. Fun to dream, which for now is all this is. For 2 of us, current house is way to big, which has allowed a lot of junk to accumulate. One of the goals is downsize house and belongings. Wife wants to keep her baby grand piano which takes a lot of space. To compensate, I’ll need a very large shop. Very large.

The idea was a cabin for weekend trips, with the idea it may be retirement house. It just keeps growing as we consider the size needed as a future home. I finally concluded I only want to build foundation once and get shell up, finish enough to live in, then I can finish more later before moving. Something to keep me off the streets at night in Roanoke.

Just got word I can now order a 2023 Subaru Forester for December delivery. The Mazda CX-5 I have a deposit on is now in Baltimore and may be delivered to dealer next week, so I’ll stick with it. Smaller vehicle.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,734  
Dennis, CX-5 gets super car magazine reviews, should be very nice ride with good handling

M7040, that looks like a Burpee commercial, very pretty, and the deer don't eat them (I think)

headed over to local apple orchard to get some of the fresh crop coming in. Love their apples, have a cookbook on apples, need
to try out some different ways of eating them

/ Good morning!!!! #156,735  
53° and the rain looks to have moved out.

Stayed up half the night redrawing house plans but having trouble with master suite layout. Will try something different today. Wife and I have discussed for last 2 hours. Probably boring you all, I’ll start a new house thread soon. Fun to dream, which for now is all this is. For 2 of us, current house is way to big, which has allowed a lot of junk to accumulate. One of the goals is downsize house and belongings. Wife wants to keep her baby grand piano which takes a lot of space. To compensate, I’ll need a very large shop. Very large.

The idea was a cabin for weekend trips, with the idea it may be retirement house. It just keeps growing as we consider the size needed as a future home. I finally concluded I only want to build foundation once and get shell up, finish enough to live in, then I can finish more later before moving. Something to keep me off the streets at night in Roanoke.

Just got word I can now order a 2023 Subaru Forester for December delivery. The Mazda CX-5 I have a deposit on is now in Baltimore and may be delivered to dealer next week, so I’ll stick with it. Smaller vehicle.
I have seen people move out on a lot, building say a 40 by 60 ft poole barn and inside build a small apartment with a mezzanine deck for visits and living while building the permanent house. Then they have the shop space up front locked in and not subject to a veto by spouse

/ Good morning!!!! #156,736  
morning all, rain and more rain 53 going to 59
Old high school friend in Florida lost their pool bug cage and some plants, but looks like everyone else is ok. Some staying with friends/family or on east coast.

Bird-sorry about the windshield hope insurance covers it, and glad it didn't hit you!

Deerfield fair sounds fun Thomas

Happy birthday Paul/PopGadget and many more happy ones in good health!

Where we live is supposed to be our first retirement house, much smaller than our NJ house.
However it seems we have more stuff now then back at the bigger house and wife keeps buying decorations to fill the attic space......

/ Good morning!!!! #156,737  
Happy Birthday @Popgadget

happy anniversary @sodamo

Weather is still questionable for tonight. Manager of the facility says no rain yet.

I am nervous. Been a long time since someone raced “my” bike. Keep thinking I have forgotten something, overlooked something, or missed something.

It was less stressful to help with “their” bikes!

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,738  
2022-10-01, 1056

Been up for a few hours, but not on the computer...

First!
Happy Birthday Popgadget!!! Many more birthdays ahead!!

47° right now....high in the mid-60's today

Not enough to hit the dump since we made a trip on Thursday
Still not much of an appetite, even for foods I love. So, still mostly vitamin shakes

I've kind of given up on any more chipping...just don't have the strength or stamina. Reckon it's not going to hurt laying there for a while...just cuts down the area I need to mow. Chipping is normally a Springtime event since I trim low hanging branches where I mow. Might wait until Spring...
Speaking of mowing, I do need to trim the lawn one more time. It's in the mid-60's, overcast and a bit wet....we'll see if it dries out this afternoon

It's not going to be long before I'll need to stow the chipper and rig the snow blower...think we're due for a pretty harsh winter this year...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,739  
Thanks Don, that’s a huge help. I designed one last night with 3 ft side walls, and 5 ft inside, it looked to big. I’m guessing the double oven cabinet is 34” wide. A 30” wide oven probably needs at least 32” cabinet. That only leaves 1” per side, yours looks like 2” per side of the oven.
Yes, the double oven cabinet is 34" wide and the oven is 30" wide.

The refrigerator width space is 39".

Put dishwasher on left side of sink if your wife is left-handed.

Happy 70th Birthday Popgadget!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,740  
bought a $5 cane at the garage sale for a friend that had a hip replacement surgery. On his last day of PT he was walking in the hospital and fell and broke his femur.
For Mom, Wheelchair $35 and a pick up stick $5
Playmate Lunch box for tractor $2
Leather vest for nephew $10