Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #21  
I can't remember if it came with fuel but when I drove 5 hours to pick it up they did not have the 18 foot trailer ready to come with it. He ended up giving me a 20 foot instead so I could make the trip back. I would say that was better than fuel or a hat !!! They also gave me two shirts.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #22  
My Kubota was delivered free with 3/4 tank of fuel, probably because it took 2 trailers to haul all the stuff that came with it, about 40 miles. The Duetz I bought got delivered free from up near the state line, my John Deere delivered by the same driver, lol! My Ford 7710 with duals was 13'4" across the rear, cost me a small fortune to get delivered and required a 2 million dollar liability policy in effect to get it picked up (a company auction). Thought I could just get it driven to the edge of the property and picked it up from there, or down the street a couple miles, but auction company said nope!
I did get the tank and auxiliary tank filled up before it left the property as well as the 55 gallon hydraulic reservoir for the boom mower, and a spare set of flail hammer blades were laying on the floorboard too!
No hats, but since I don't wear them, no big loss!
David from jax

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #23  
I’d be pretty upset if my tractor came with gas in it. It did come full of diesel.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #24  
Got a full tank of diesel, but nothing else, unless you count the 8 large stickers advertising the dealership that I had to peal off.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #25  
Well this is timely. I just bought my first tractor and it was delivered yesterday with an empty fuel tank (no swag either, but that part doesn't really bother me). I told the dealer I was disappointed it was delivered with no fuel in it. He said in his 20+ years experienced he's never heard of a tractor being delivered with fuel in it. I thought that was BS. Seems I was right. This has definitely impacted my opinion of the dealer.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #26  
Full tank, dealer shirt (I told him I don't wear hats),two key chain, front weights, rear top/tilt, passenger side step and handle, two extra QD for attachments, and extra pins. All not part of the ordinal order.
Dealer did everything he could to make up for the long delay receiving tractor and loader.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #27  
Especially being a Diesel if they delivered an empty tractor I would be really unhappy. knowing what an ordeal running a diesel empty is.

Mine was full but I didn't ask them to fill it. I didn't get nor ask for any swag. I didn't see any Yanmar apparel, hats, mugs, nada in the whole dealership. I don't think they had any, even to buy.

As far as clearing it with the wife, conversation went something like.... I know I don't need a new tractor but I want one. I don't have expensive vehicles, I've worked really hard to get my income to where it is and dang, if I can't even buy a tractor, something is wrong. She uses the tractor and said she likes it much more than the old one BTW.

I don't regret it one bit. It is one of a few things in life I can really enjoy and can pass down to kids/grandkids. Never had a new tractor until this past summer.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #28  
Hat and a full tank. Dealer even called to let me know he might be a few minutes late because he had to go to a different station to fill it up. Good dealer = good service.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #29  
Full fuel tank.
2 hats from the dealer.
1 month or so later an official owners hat from Massey Ferguson.
My wife loves my tractor, especially last week for garden clean up time. Me on the ground chaining up 8ft tee post bean poles and her sitting in the drivers seat pulling them with the FEL, I thought it was my tractor....

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #30  
Full fuel tank.
2 hats from the dealer.
1 month or so later an official owners hat from Massey Ferguson.
My wife loves my tractor, especially last week for garden clean up time. Me on the ground chaining up 8ft tee post bean poles and her sitting in the drivers seat pulling them with the FEL, I thought it was my tractor....

A family that tractors together stays together ;)