Trespassers

/ Trespassers #11  
I have given several tree stands away over the years, which people didn't label and were in the way when we were cutting wood.
Things are a bit different here... a landowner might have 20- 100 thousand acres and allows respectful access. (John Malone is one of these.) Still, if they leave a tree stand with no name and it's in the way I bring it home, store it for a year then give it to somebody.
I also have a game camera which I picked up last winter. I left a note giving my name and address, as well as asking around; so far nobody's claimed it so I guess it's mine.

By law these are supposed to be labeled, but I don't worry about that until it's in the way. Then it's their fault if I can't find out who it belongs to.

/ Trespassers #13  
Just leave a note on it. Get your deer stand and feeder off my property please. I'm a raw boned fella in rural Arkansas. But I wouldn't sell it. Keep things nice. I've seen plenty when things weren't nice. That never did get nice, it just got worse.
You are a wise Arkie. It's so much easier to keep the conflict at a minimum than to create another mini WWII.

/ Trespassers #14  
Pretty sure the OP would give it back if the offenders would approach and apologize.
I can see getting a bit irate if people figure they can use the property as their own.
I pay a lot in property taxes and take it seriously.

/ Trespassers #15  
You are a wise Arkie. It's so much easier to keep the conflict at a minimum than to create another mini WWII.
Some may think that putting up a tree stand 100 yards from someone's back door is "starting another WWII.

/ Trespassers #16  
Pretty sure the OP would give it back if the offenders would approach and apologize.
I can see getting a bit irate if people figure they can use the property as their own.
My insurance agent says there are other issues.

/ Trespassers #17  
My insurance agent says there are other issues.
Your insurance agent would. Your lawyer is more apt to know the laws in your state.

Landowner Liability & Hunting​

Legal liability has been identified as a major concern among landowners when considering whether or not to grant access to hunters to hunt their property. Legal liability has also been offered as a reason some landowners have stopped allowing hunter access to their property. This is an important issue of concern with the increasing need of sound deer management and hunting access.

To encourage landowners to make their lands available to the public for recreational purposes, including hunting and fishing, Georgia law (OCGA 51-3-20 through 51-3-26) explicitly shields landowners from civil liability for injuries to persons who use their land for recreational purposes without charge unless the landowner willfully or maliciously fails to guard against or warn of a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity. Landowners will not be liable unless they violate this standard of care. Georgia Courts have interpreted this standard of care as the duty of slight care, which is lower than that of ordinary care.

Georgia law (OCGA 27-3-1) further extends this same protection to landowners, lessees of land, or lessees of hunting or fishing rights who give permission to another to hunt or fish on their property with or without charge.

Many states have some type of protection such as this for landowners. If you were to take a hacksaw to one of the legs, or exert some other type of malicious action the laws won't protect you. Yet simply having somebody on your land, whether they have permission or not doesn't open you to liability.

Still, it takes a pretty big set to place a tree stand that close to your house.

/ Trespassers

Nope

/ Trespassers #19  
Wonder what happens if the trespasser accidentally stumbles into an old dug well on your property.