Rotary Cutter Keeping Outdoors

/ Keeping Outdoors #31  
Ever since I've owned my little New Holland T1510 with 5ft Brush Hog I've kept it in my garage at home. My garage is starting to get pretty full and have been debating if I should just leave the cutter out at the ranch where I use it at and just bring the tractor back home. If I leave the cuter out there it will be under a covered area but no concrete. It would be on top of dirt. My idea was to elevate it off the ground with cement blocks.

What issues could I run into with leaving stored outdoors? I'm pretty sure I'd have issues with wasps/hornets making nest under it. I'm 50/50 about what I want to do. It could free up some garage space but I don't want any issues with it when I need to use it. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Off the ground will help air circulation. But I would lay some plastic on the ground under it. Where I live now is night and day from where I lived. Here, the ground never seems to stop giving up moisture. Plain dirt with gravel over it and the heavy plastic painting cloth always had moisture under it. And that is with the cloth being under a roof.

/ Keeping Outdoors #32  
I have never seen a tractor or implements under cover at a dealership unless it is actually being worked on.
And that always disturbed me as I was my stuff twice a year. I guess they figure uracil for the short time they have it.

/ Keeping Outdoors #33  
I really like these new fangled battery leaf blowers. I use mine to blow clippings off the mower and tractor before I leave the field. Piled up clippings will rot out a mower in just a few seasons.

/ Keeping Outdoors #34  
I am like you I keep my implement inside. Mine are in a barn that is open on both sides. It does protect the equipment from getting wet (most of the time). Your plan of cement blocks and a cover is better than nothing. If you get a metal pole barn and place gravel on the floor you will have a greater level of production.

As a side not when I first bought a bush hog I had a few bolts that were not tight and came loose. An old timer told me to park it outside and let it rust so bolts would not shake loose.
I would think that some locktight and/or lockwashers would work better than letting it rust, especially if it ever needed repair.

/ Keeping Outdoors #35  
Ever since I've owned my little New Holland T1510 with 5ft Brush Hog I've kept it in my garage at home. My garage is starting to get pretty full and have been debating if I should just leave the cutter out at the ranch where I use it at and just bring the tractor back home. If I leave the cuter out there it will be under a covered area but no concrete. It would be on top of dirt. My idea was to elevate it off the ground with cement blocks.

What issues could I run into with leaving stored outdoors? I'm pretty sure I'd have issues with wasps/hornets making nest under it. I'm 50/50 about what I want to do. It could free up some garage space but I don't want any issues with it when I need to use it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

It won't hurt a thing to keep it outside, mine is under cover, because it's available to me. If I didn't have that available to me, I would just put it up on blocks, and throw a water proof tarp over it.

/ Keeping Outdoors #36  
I build huts from gigantic pallets for implements to sit on. Here's one before I got the steel roof put on.
Those would have to be the biggest pallets i have ever seen,

/ Keeping Outdoors #37  
Those would have to be the biggest pallets i have ever seen,
This was a mid-sized one. We have some pretty big equipment at my employer. I want to snag a big one and make a cabin out of it.