backhoe trenching operations

/ backhoe trenching operations #1  

sonny101

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
Hello all,

I have a Kioti CX2510. While trenching is it okay to lift the rear wheels slightly off the ground and push the tractor backward with the bucket so I don't have to keep going to the front of the tractor to relocate it, or will this put too much stress on the backhoe to tractor mounts ? Thank you.

Pocojo

/ backhoe trenching operations #2  
That's acceptable. That's what I do.

/ backhoe trenching operations #3  
Commercial machines are moved that way a LOT. If your hoe mounts won't handle that, then they are going to fail when you are digging.

Not familiar with your machine. How does the hoe fasten to the tractor?

/ backhoe trenching operations #4  
   / backhoe trenching operations #5  
If it is subframe mounted , you are fine .Kevin.

/ backhoe trenching operations #6  
If it is subframe mounted , you are fine .Kevin.

I agree. If the backhoe is on a strong subframe it is fine to move it around like that.
You don't want to do that with the old style universal 3pt mounted backhoes.

/ backhoe trenching operations #7  
I move mine with the backhoe no problem
saves time jumping off the tractor etc

willy

/ backhoe trenching operations #8  
Yep, do it anytime I'm using the BH. Over 200 hours.... no problem

/ backhoe trenching operations #9  
I do it as well with the BH92 hoe on my Kubota and never had a problem.

I also use another trick to move the tractor from the backhoe seat. I bent up a length of rebar and clamped it to the HST pedal. Won't work on a gear tractor though.

/ backhoe trenching operations #10  
Except that you are supposed to lift the rear wheels slightly with the backhoe stabilizers and the front wheels slightly with the loader bucket while digging, then raise the stabilizers and the bucket slightly to put the wheels back on the ground, and use the backhoe to roll the tractor forwards or backwards. If you use the backhoe to raise the wheels while trying to move the tractor, you can very easily tilt the tractor sideways toward a rollover.