Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,051  
I wonder what the operating temp range is on my Makita air compressor. Maybe I should bring it in too.
Like I did all my waxes and freezables.
Things sure seem to make a lot more friction when cold, wonder how the piston rings in compressor do in cold weather.
Don't want to find out. I did all the tires a while ago while it was warmer.
you certainly can't bring in a big air compressor. The one on the farm in NC, a nice one, I had to turn it off when near freezing and be careful to keep
draining the condensation water.

nowhere in here does it say minimum operating temp:

The Quick Start manual lists SAE 10W oil for operation in temps of 3F to 32F and SAE 20W for 33F to 80F:

Also says not to use multi-viscosity oils and to run in the compressor for 20 minutes with the drain valve open when you first get it … probably to seat the rings.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #160,052  
Good evening all. 48ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze some fog. Light wind with moderate gusts, Overcast all day, fog gave up about noon, and high temp was 64ºF. Front coming through tonight cool in morning and windy for group ride. Putter to start day, went to work on Christmas lights and got them up except for covering electrical connections. Did get nap in, but not bike ride.
RNG thanks for the link.
Ron when I saw no coffee this morning thought you had a dr appt. or blood draw. Good to hear groceries done and shop cleaned up. Hope dr and yard cleanup went well. nice pic
Buppies prayers sent.
Frits sorry about frozen hoses. And no snow making either :( Nice head lamp!!
Mike sorry shot hurt. Sorry to hear about chinks. Enjoy stove duty. prayers sent.
Frits that is a LOT of wood. In STL I used 2 1/2 - 3 cords, here abut 1 1/2 cords.
Drew The point is to have both hands free while working.
Billy hope today went well with assembly as well as yesterday. I try not to go over 2 hours for nap, messes with sleep at night.
Drew, got hot tub warm yet?
Frits 6 years of wood in one pile. That cherry will not be fun.
Ron is that total sleep for one day?
Don tried age thing, and came up with 140. On a hard bike day will top that. Hope you got yard light up.
Bill glad generator worked automatically.
Kilroy never fun to be down range of a clueless hunter! BTW I am only at page 4000 :)
Kilroy not that lucky to back sleep, never in same position very when I am sleeping, my wife informs me .
Paul hope manure push goes with no problems, and tractor get good clean after push. My driveway was straight in STL and easy to see. where it was.
Drew have fun baking. Thought you were moving inflatables outside?
Thomas hope clean up went well.
RNG hope patch holds. You thinking about a Prius?
Kyle sorry you are so busy at work and home. Hope you get some time to work on post, maybe someone has already done one for your mill and control? Pretty tree
Bill enjoy your energy conservation.
Ken nice progress on foam panels.
Kilroy had an ash pan in STL fireplace, really liked it. Not enough height in current insert for grate/ash pan.
Mark your area nice and warm.
David hope surgery successful. Hope H&F good to guys.
RS hope your rest of day went well.
Frits good to hear got good report from dr and daughters.
Chris glad you won't need to do much last minute Christmas.
Don sorry about PF hope taping helps prayers sent. Have you tried to power cycle phone?
Drew nice boxes and muffins. Little crunchy never hurt anyone :)
Dennis sorry cough still hanging in there. Nice warmup, work over soon.
Don the joys of remote support.
Randy(wag) hope trip to St Marys was uneventful.
Drew operating temp sounds wide to me. I leave my compressor in unheated garage, temp is usually above freezing.
Don thanks for sharing.
Ted sorry about PTSD, prayers for your demons. Glad to hear tires now good. Hope you get your rain. Glad some lights up.
PJ sounds like nice date. Glad you checked tank.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird /aging issues, Roy /passed away, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Don /brother medical procedure, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, /wife's pain, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes and fall, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /coughing, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,053  
Wagtail if you see an elephant please take a picture.
I'm not responsible for whoever named the 'mountain' and subsequent 'pass', long before I arrived on the scene.

Mind you, down South there is a pass that has two names, one on each side of it... the West side is called "Bust-me-gut" (sometimes spelled "Bust-me gall") and the East side is called "Break-me-neck". They are suitably signed.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #160,054  
Coffee is done brewing. 48° with rain this morning. Heading to 51° more rain. The sunshine late in day. Dr. appointment went well. Rest of the day became a conserve energy day. Still need to clean up leaves that blew in from the woods to west of me. Will have to see now long winds stick around today.
dXVg9LC.jpg

Mostly, I slept a total of 14 hours for the day. May have been reaction from having fumes from fridge in house. Last night sleep was back to normal. 5 hours.

Txdon, I find the volume turned down on my iPhone every so often. Good you got your moms phone fixed.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,055  
Good morning! Still too early, except for Ron. It is 63˚F the warmest part of the day before the norther blows in, in a few minutes the wind will shift from the North and the temps will drop in the 50s for the rest of the day. No rain with the cool front.

This morning is breakfast with Santa with unlimited mimosas, oh wait, I'm the designated driver.

Foot is feeling better, so I won't have to limp badly to open the trailer gates at each stop. Got the "bonus" for being on time and working the assigned weekend days during the Fall festival. I guess retention is hard for the farm being temporary part-time employment, or as I call "Play-time".

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #160,056  
Common medical mask and N95 respirators offer basically the same protection in hospital study.

"the results indicate that medical masks may be similar to N95 respirators in Omicron-era settings with high COVID-19"

/ Good morning!!!! #160,057  
On our pellet stove, I installed the fresh air intake. The stove has a small fan that brings in the air for the combustion. It will run for a couple minutes before it fires. And it has a powered exhaust.... both must be operating before it fires.

We had a similar "fill the firebox until it overflows" situation the second season we had it ---- 2 months out of warranty. It was the igniter rod. I called the manufacturer (a Canadian company). They sent one free under warranty, I purchased a second one for backup. They are considered a "wear" part.

Just because I bought that second igniter.... well the stove has purred perfectly for 3 more seasons. Figures.....

We purchased this one because it has a thermostat and programable timed fires. During the night, it is usually set to burn for an hour, every 2 hours. The house is super insulated, any more than that and it's way too hot.

I basically wanted the UPS backup to run the controller and exhaust fan in case of a full power outage.
The second rod is your “vehicle’s extended service warranty” 🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #160,058  
Good evening all. 48ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze some fog. Light wind with moderate gusts, Overcast all day, fog gave up about noon, and high temp was 64ºF. Front coming through tonight cool in morning and windy for group ride. Putter to start day, went to work on Christmas lights and got them up except for covering electrical connections. Did get nap in, but not bike ride.
RNG thanks for the link.
Ron when I saw no coffee this morning thought you had a dr appt. or blood draw. Good to hear groceries done and shop cleaned up. Hope dr and yard cleanup went well. nice pic
Buppies prayers sent.
Frits sorry about frozen hoses. And no snow making either :( Nice head lamp!!
Mike sorry shot hurt. Sorry to hear about chinks. Enjoy stove duty. prayers sent.
Frits that is a LOT of wood. In STL I used 2 1/2 - 3 cords, here abut 1 1/2 cords.
Drew The point is to have both hands free while working.
Billy hope today went well with assembly as well as yesterday. I try not to go over 2 hours for nap, messes with sleep at night.
Drew, got hot tub warm yet?
Frits 6 years of wood in one pile. That cherry will not be fun.
Ron is that total sleep for one day?
Don tried age thing, and came up with 140. On a hard bike day will top that. Hope you got yard light up.
Bill glad generator worked automatically.
Kilroy never fun to be down range of a clueless hunter! BTW I am only at page 4000 :)
Kilroy not that lucky to back sleep, never in same position very when I am sleeping, my wife informs me .
Paul hope manure push goes with no problems, and tractor get good clean after push. My driveway was straight in STL and easy to see. where it was.
Drew have fun baking. Thought you were moving inflatables outside?
Thomas hope clean up went well.
RNG hope patch holds. You thinking about a Prius?
Kyle sorry you are so busy at work and home. Hope you get some time to work on post, maybe someone has already done one for your mill and control? Pretty tree
Bill enjoy your energy conservation.
Ken nice progress on foam panels.
Kilroy had an ash pan in STL fireplace, really liked it. Not enough height in current insert for grate/ash pan.
Mark your area nice and warm.
David hope surgery successful. Hope H&F good to guys.
RS hope your rest of day went well.
Frits good to hear got good report from dr and daughters.
Chris glad you won't need to do much last minute Christmas.
Don sorry about PF hope taping helps prayers sent. Have you tried to power cycle phone?
Drew nice boxes and muffins. Little crunchy never hurt anyone :)
Dennis sorry cough still hanging in there. Nice warmup, work over soon.
Don the joys of remote support.
Randy(wag) hope trip to St Marys was uneventful.
Drew operating temp sounds wide to me. I leave my compressor in unheated garage, temp is usually above freezing.
Don thanks for sharing.
Ted sorry about PTSD, prayers for your demons. Glad to hear tires now good. Hope you get your rain. Glad some lights up.
PJ sounds like nice date. Glad you checked tank.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird /aging issues, Roy /passed away, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Don /brother medical procedure, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, /wife's pain, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes and fall, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /coughing, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
Is your PF the ”sharp rock taped to your heel” or “broken glass in your arch” or “rusty nail between/behind the balls of your foot”?

/ Good morning!!!! #160,059  
good morning all
raining this morning and much of the day today
taking muffins to Snowflake Festival early, too bad the kids are getting washed out. I guess they will all play in the gym.
Those choc muffins I made are distressingly crunchy. I use less vegetable oil than called for and also substitute some gluten free flour in the mix.
Sure came out dry...oops.
Mommy, why is this muffin so hard?
sorry kid.

then off to visit MIL in rehab, she apparently has her marbles back and is recovering back at her nursing home.
I'm taking her a blueberry muffin and some baked apples I had for desert last night.

tooth and jaw much better this morning. Still can't bite down on that side but feeling better with two antibiotics going. Something called Flagel ? in addition to
penicillin.

Ron, that is very interesting suet cake. Happy birds for sure.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,060  
Good morning!

The Lord has gifted us with another day to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

it is 55F and drizzling here in The Smokies. Weatherman lied, it did NOT drop into the low 30s, so I ran the woodstove and it was rather toasty sleeping. . . To the point that MrsKilroyJC - who goes down to ONE blanket in July - flipped off all the covers at zero-dark-something and complained “IT‘S TOO WARM!”

On the plus side, there is no dampness, and I can sit here on the sofa without the bathrobe and fuzzy bunny slippers. . .

The rains are supposed to be done by lunchtime, so it should - SHOULD - be reasonably decent for our town’s Winter Wonderland fest on Main Street. They do two nights of it, one week apart, and we couldn’t go last week due to a busy day of land clearing and subsequent sore muscles. That won’t happen today, which is going to be mainly putting up Christmas Decorations.

have a great weekend everyone!