Mower Deck Extension

/ Mower Deck Extension #1  

coolconnection

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723
Has anyone added or made an extension for an attachment? I have a situation where my hillside is to steep to mow but I can drive up a certain distance and then I can't go no more because of soil conditions. I just need like 3 feet more reach with the mower deck and I would be looking pretty. I know I have tried lots of different tools to clear this area and besides it being sandy loam slippery soil it is very hard to climb.. I mow it now by driving up to it as far as I can and lower the mower and drive backwards. Does a fine job that way just need a little bit more reach though thus the question about an extension.

/ Mower Deck Extension #2  
Maybe a 3' long 4" square steel tube 1/4" wall welded to a female quick attach plate then make a male adapter plate with some manual locking ears? And 3' hydraulic extension hoses.

You could also put the male plate onto a 4" inside diameter sleeve and pin it on, and pin various attachments to the end of the pole, like a hook for a boom pole. Might as well make it multi-purpose.