audsp98

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST
IMG_4367.JPG
Pole barn "kit" arrives

IMG_4374.JPG
IMG_4376.JPG
Took a few weeks to get the poles in the ground because of rain. The crew that's building it only builds on Saturdays.

IMG_4384.JPG
IMG_4387.JPG
The concrete is a 5k PSI mix. It was supposed to a 4" slab but because of reasons, it averages about 6".

IMG_4392.JPG
IMG_4398.JPG
Steel trusses going up.

IMG_4402.JPG
Roof metal about done

IMG_4406.JPG
Wall metal is progressing.

IMG_4411.JPG
Last few pieces of wall metal.

IMG_4417.JPG
Finished!

IMG_4418.JPG
Tractor finally has it's home.

Attachments

• IMG_4382.JPG
    IMG_4382.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,023
   / 30x50 Pole Barn #2  
Good looking barn ! Always nice to be able to put equipment under roof! We will be having a 30x50x16 barn put up in June. I have to many other projects going to build it myself...plus I don't like going up on roofs anymore if I can help it. How many yards of concrete did it take ?

/ 30x50 Pole Barn
Good looking barn ! Always nice to be able to put equipment under roof! We will be having a 30x50x16 barn put up in June. I have to many other projects going to build it myself...plus I don't like going up on roofs anymore if I can help it. How many yards of concrete did it take ?

We'd planned on 21 yards but it took 31.

/ 30x50 Pole Barn #5  
Congrats on your barn. I've gone back and forth on getting those trusses, but the added cost and travel time means I probably wont.

Why did you go with wire instead of rebar in your slab? Did they pretend to lift it while spreading it at first, or did they just keep it on the dirt the entire pour?

/ 30x50 Pole Barn #7  
Too late now for you but anyone else pouring concrete around 6" X 6" posts if you put 2x 4/6 around bottom of post if you ever have to replace post it can be changed easier.
I did that on my last pole building and it let me pour insecticide down around the posts.
The metal trusses are way better than wood!
Just don't try to pull an engine from them!! :) (who hasn't seen the swing set/engine hoist?)

/ 30x50 Pole Barn
31 yards for a 30 x 50 , how thick is your floor?

Well...the barn pad was graded level and marked by our excavator. He marked the 4 corners and leveled the inside. When the guys showed up to start setting posts, they got off those marks. They rotated it around one of the corners by a few degrees. Well it was enough to throw off the grade by some amount. So that accounted for some of the extra concrete.

When they dug the holes for the posts, they had some equipment issues so what started as 12" holes 4 feet deep ended up being probably 18" holes about 4 feet deep. So when they poured the floor, concrete filled in the rest of the holes around the poles. I'd guess an average of 18-24" of concrete in each hole. So there's some of the extra concrete.

And finally, we were playing beat the rain to get it done in the first place, so we had a few days between rain showers. What started out as a nice hard dirt barn pad that was cut from a small hill turned into good bit of mud when you drive full cement trucks on it. So as one truck would leave, they would shovel out the ruts, making the floor thicker in the process. So there's the rest of it.

So as far as thickness...the front half of the building the floor is 6-8". The rear half is 4-6".

/ 30x50 Pole Barn
Congrats on your barn. I've gone back and forth on getting those trusses, but the added cost and travel time means I probably wont.

Why did you go with wire instead of rebar in your slab? Did they pretend to lift it while spreading it at first, or did they just keep it on the dirt the entire pour?

I went with wire based on recommendations from other professionals in the area. And the wire was much cheaper than the rebar.

They pulled it up as they went. I spent the whole day watching them prep, pour, and finish the floor.

/ 30x50 Pole Barn #10  
That would do it, I wondered if the post holes were filled too I couldn’t tell from the pics. Looks good thought.