Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz.

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #2  
Missed 3, 2 wrong era, 1 just wrong. I thought I would miss the Morse questions, which shouldn't have been in a "military alphabet" quiz., but I guessed right on them.

Bruce

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #3  
Purely by coincidence, I read up on the Military alphabet a few days ago. I still did awful on the quiz.

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #4  
It iritates me when people use made up phonetics. And it annoys people like call center operators when I use proper phonetic alphabet.

I used to do morse in my head whenever I would see a license plate. I barely got my code as I never got good at receiving.

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz.
Of course I use the Military/NATO alphabet in Amateur Radio, but I also have the APCO one drilled into my head from my time as a police officer. I don't know why in "heck" our agency insisted on using that APCO code when the Military one has been proven to be better under rough reception conditions.

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz.
It iritates me when people use made up phonetics. And it annoys people like call center operators when I use proper phonetic alphabet.

I used to do morse in my head whenever I would see a license plate. I barely got my code as I never got good at receiving.

Sometimes when you use the proper phonetics people will say something like "oh, you were in the military weren't you?" "I can always tell guys that were in the military!". Nope, Just an Amateur Radio Operator. :)

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #7  
I got 32 out of 35

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #8  
30, I thought I was better but some of the earlier ones got me.

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #9  
33 out of 35. Was tripped up by WWII 'American' phonetics for 'J' and 'T'.

Almost got me with Whiskey as I reckoned it was misspelled. :laughing:

/ Fun Phonetic Alphabet quiz. #10  
I used to work as both an EMT and an ambulance dispatcher. One overnight shift, I was working with another guy and we sort of were dozing when a call came through and the road name wasn't something easy like Main St. My colleague, bless his heart, started dispatching the crew and when he went to spell out the street name, his brain was foggy and he couldn't remember Romeo for R. So here he is, spelling out the street and he broadcasts "R as in...Rectum" since we're in the medical field and that was the 1st thing to pop in there. I about fell out of my chair, the shift supervisor was like "Please tell me you didn't just..." and then the crew, out on the road and fully awake diligently repeats that spelling right back. Hysterical.