RK37 dash indicator lights

/ RK37 dash indicator lights #1  

uptaker73

Silver Member
Tractor
RK 37, John Deere LX280 John Deere Z535m John Deere 160
I have noticed that the indicator lights on the left side of my tach light up when I turn the ignition on then go back off. According to the owners manual the brake light should illuminate as well as the 4wd indication when engaged. Does anyone else have this issue? Just curious as I would expect all the indications to work especially temperature indication, 4wd and park brake.

/ RK37 dash indicator lights #2  
Mine does the same thing. 4x4 light and parking brake light do not light when engaged. I was told this was as designed when I inquired....doesn’t sound right to me.

I can tell you that the high temp indicator does work on mine. Had a chance to see that during a long brush hogging session that clogged the radiator screens up.

/ RK37 dash indicator lights
Seems to be something they need to address for sure. Should be an easy fix. I'm going through everything on mine the more I use it I see things that I'm going to ask questions about at my local RK. KKilli how does your welds look on your loader?

/ RK37 dash indicator lights #4  
I was told when I picked up my rk37 that they use the same dash but those lights only work on the rk55. I became uncertain when I see no mention of this in the manual and I called a store that had been selling them for some years. The salesman at the store had no idea but put me on hold and confirmed the same.

/ RK37 dash indicator lights #5  
I was told when I picked up my rk37 that they use the same dash but those lights only work on the rk55. I became uncertain when I see no mention of this in the manual and I called a store that had been selling them for some years. The salesman at the store had no idea but put me on hold and confirmed the same.

You were informed correctly by the store. The panel is shared on the 55, the indicator lights appear on the 37 at startup, but are not active on the 37.