Was Pleasantly Surprised

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #1  

RidgeHiker

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010 with KL5510 Loader & 72" Bucket. Kawasaki Mule Pro MX SE with 66" snow plow.
Going to mark my fuel containers more clearly. Accidently put diesel in my 4 cycle wood chipper engine. Took a while to figure out the problem. Was getting spark, fuel, etc. but would not start. Pictured having to get new carburetor etc. when realized my mistake. Washed the fuel tank out a few times with gasoline. Next flowed gas through the float bowl. Put in new gas. Started first pull!!!
Don't recommend trying it (LOL) but turned out to not be a big deal.

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #2  
Glad it turn out well. :thumbsup:

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #3  
diesel doesnt hurt anything in a gas engine... in fact makes a somewhat engine cleaner. just dont go the other way and put gas in a diesel. can be very costly

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #4  
Just pour it out and add the gasoline. Kind of like using two stroke oil and gas in a four stroke. Maybe an issue, getting the fuel oil out of the float chamber though.

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #5  
I have gas and diesel in similar containers in my garage. I mark them with a thick black marker on the tops and sides as “gas” or “diesel” and re-write it each fall on them.

I do that because I mistakenly put gas in my tractor once.....never again though.....

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #6  
I bought red and yellow five gallon cans to make sure that I never made that mistake. I keep both on hand, so this works well for me.

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised
A friend just told me about recently putting gas in his diesel truck. Was big deal to remedy.

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #8  
I bought red and yellow five gallon cans to make sure that I never made that mistake. I keep both on hand, so this works well for me.

I actually thought everyone did that, guess not. As long as you can remember gas is red and diesel is yellow all is good and if your color blind use your nose.

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #9  
I actually have a yellow can with some gasoline in it, because I forgot to bring one of so many red cans to buy gas, and bought a yellow one on sale, because I don't have many of those.

I wonder, why they never devoted a color to mixed gas. Orange maybe? Green?

I wish small yellow cans would be more available too for emergency use.

/ Was Pleasantly Surprised #10  
When I used cans, I had yellow for diesel. Now diesel is in a reefer tank that was repurposed to my little diesel fuel station.