recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
We've an old Capresso that may be on it's last legs.
My wife is addicted to coffee. I like a cup in the a.m.
I'm looking for
cost < $300
burr grind
can hold at least 1/2 lb of beans, preferably more
12 cups
reliability
ease of use
would like something that holds the water and coffee in filter area a bit before draining

Any advice?

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #2  
You liked the one you have. Why not just get a new one.

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #3  
We've had a flexbrew for over 5 years and love it. 12 cup on one side and keurig on the other. Nice if company just wants one cup or if one person wants strong columbian and the other wants just one cup.

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #4  
We've had a couple of Melitta grind and brews. They made great coffee, easy to fill and maintain, but unfortunately never would last more that 24 months before they'd develop a leak and run all over the counter. Maybe that's only how long that style of coffee maker lasts.

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #5  
Do you want one to grind and brew all in one unit?

For pure brewing, I am a big fan of Technivorm (as you can see from my picture), but it may be a bit on the high side for your budget...but they are world class brewers (that is all they do):

Amazon.com: Technivorm Moccamaster 79312 KBGT Coffee Brewer, 4 oz, Polished Silver: Drip Coffeemakers: Kitchen & Dining

Now there, there is also the Bonavita that a lot of people swear by, but it will be a little small for your requirements:

Amazon.com: Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Featuring Hanging Filter Basket and Thermal Carafe, BV191TS: Kitchen & Dining

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #6  
We've had a flexbrew for over 5 years and love it. 12 cup on one side and keurig on the other. Nice if company just wants one cup or if one person wants strong columbian and the other wants just one cup.

second on the Keurig flexbrew. makes great coffe but doesnt grind beans. We get whole beans and the store grinds them. Just like Starbucks...
I'm more of a grab and go guy so I really like the pods. works on a 16 oz travel mug. also great when company stops by making single cups.

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #7  
I have had this Jura unit (trouble free) for over 10 years. Grinds and brews single or two cups at a time.
Adjustments.jpg

It will make you realize what a GOOD cup of coffee tastes like. I buy Starbucks beans on sale at Costco. Works out to $0.21 a cup.

Adjustments.jpg

Last edited:
   / recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #8  
We've an old Capresso that may be on it's last legs.
My wife is addicted to coffee. I like a cup in the a.m.
I'm looking for
cost < $300
burr grind
can hold at least 1/2 lb of beans, preferably more
12 cups
reliability
ease of use
would like something that holds the water and coffee in filter area a bit before draining

Any advice?

Sorry I cant, most of my coffee\expresso devolved issues after a few years-spend $1200 on one 9 yeas ago, lasted 3 years and they wanted 400 to fix it. Decided to go with the Keurig 5 years ago for 60 bucks on sale and its still going strong. I can use a cheap 12 dollar grinder to grind coffee and brew it with a K Cup pod.

Ill never go back to those expensive disasters waiting to happen, if my K Cup blows today I but another one.
Amazon.com: Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker, Comes with Dishwasher Safe Milk Frother, Coffee Shot Capability, Compatible With all K-Cup Pods, Charcoal: Grocery & Gourmet Food

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #9  
Fresh grind of your favorite beans and any inexpensive or expensive drip coffee maker. The secrets to a good cup are good beans stored correctly and fresh grind. Anyone can make a good slow drip coffee maker.

Keurig K cup is OK but it brews much too fast for an excellent cup of coffee.

/ recommendations for coffee grinder/brewer please #10  
Keurig K cup is OK but it brews much too fast for an excellent cup of coffee.

My daughter bought herself a Keurig when she moved out two years ago. She hates it.

When she is back in town she walks over every morning with her mug.