“Mow in reverse” Deere GT235

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #1  

Big Hammer

Bronze Member
I have todo a lot of maneuvering on my property and it’s very annoying that I have to engage the PTO every time I go into reverse. I’d like to override *whatever* is kicking out the PTO which doesn’t allow me to mow in reverse. Is there such a thing?? Thanks

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #2  
I have todo a lot of maneuvering on my property and it’s very annoying that I have to engage the PTO every time I go into reverse. I’d like to override *whatever* is kicking out the PTO which doesn’t allow me to mow in reverse. Is there such a thing?? Thanks

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #3  
That is by far the most ANNOYING "safety" feature. All's that usually is is a switch with a plunger. It's mounted somewhere under your tractor, where hitting the reverse pedal physically depresses the plunger, cutting off the PTO unless you first do that whole procedure (in the case of my craftsman, I had to turn the key back a notch, and press a button). Simplest solution I found was just find that switch, dismount it, attach it somewhere else where the plunger won't get depressed on it.

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #4  
Most likely the other safeties on your tractor (seat, brake) are exactly the very same switch, except one may be normally open whereas another is normally closed.

Here's the brake safety on my bradley mower, in this case I had to ziptie it so that the plunger is permanently depressed. But otherwise same scenario, I just unmounted it where it's supposed to be, and mounted somewhere else out of the way:

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #5  
I have a GT235. When I mow I pull the power take off button out & use a spring loaded clothes pin
& put it on button to hold it open. Works great

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #6  
I agree with GeneV’s post. There usually a switch near the reverse pedal that is engaged when depressing the pedal. On my JD X300 all I did was unbolt the switch from the frame near the reverse pedal and I zip tied it out of the way. Problem solved. Easy peasy.

/ “Mow in reverse” Deere GT235 #7  
I had and old Cub that had a bar that would depress a button under the foot peddle. I just bent it out of the way. Glad my BX did not come with such nonsense.

Dave