10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic)

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #62  

JethroB

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 HST Open Station, Kubota L5460 HST Cab, MF 135 Diesel
That's funny. I have noticed those loops on my old tractor's lift arms for a few decades now, and I never stopped to think that was what they are for.
My old MF has those holder loops. A great way to lose a pin. Drive over some brush or tall grass, ring gets opened, and ‘poof’ it’s gone.

Ouch clips, particularly when they hit the thumbnail.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #63  

Tony H

Platinum Member
Tractor
JCB MIDI CX
Ever use a “Band-Aid” before”
”Kleen-Ex”?
“Crescent wrench” is a perfectly fine name for an adjustable or open end wrench….we use it around here all the time.
Yup
Qtips
Skill saw
Jello
We all know what is generic for these manufacturers names

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #64  

jyoutz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000
That's funny. I have noticed those loops on my old tractor's lift arms for a few decades now, and I never stopped to think that was what they are for.
I only discovered this after seeing lynch pins in those loops on new tractors at the dealer.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #65  

Johnb0311

Tractor
Kioti CK 3510 SE HST
Some lynch pins are a pain in the arse. Flip em one way and they stay tight, flip em the other way to lock and they'll slide out on you. I've lost em from cultivater wheels to three point hitch attachments. Next time at the tractor store buy an assortment for your equipment. And on your finding that pin, check all around. I just found one on top of my 3 pt. quick attach bar, but be dammed where it came from. Maybe I left an extra one or somethimg. Wife might be right... I need Previgen memorey meds. lol

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #66  

terryu

Tractor
Farmall 60
This pin fell off my new T474. Anyone have an idea what it's from? FYI I've done a lot of loader work since I bought it (10 hours on tractor). thank youView attachment 736343
Walk around your loader and have a look at the all the pins and you should see more of these. Must be one missing on one of the pins.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #67  

Btown

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1920
They sell lynch pins that are stronger. If there is a Tractor supply store you will see some that are darker, black in color. These have a stiffer spring and will fall off less often. They cost a little more, just pay more attention to finger placement.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #68  

brewer_chuck

Tractor
Mahindra 3616
Was there anyone around while you were working? I have a neighbor that brags about how his tractor is better and cleaner and blah blah blah. When he is working on a project with his tractor, I go over to 'talk' and drop a few lynch pins (heavily used) along with other items on the ground where he can find them. My cellular game camera records him crawling all over his tractor for hours looking for where the pins or parts came from.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #69  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
   / 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #70  

RandR10

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LB2204
Don't forget the ominous "Motor Stables" e.g., mil speak for routine/preventative maintenance.

As far as the Fallopian tubes, when I was still working in the OR, we used to tell the new scrub nurses/OR Techs we would need some for the next days surgeries. The whole hospital was in on the gag and would send them from one end to the other trying to find them. The smarter ones would realize what was going on after the second or third stop, others would be sent from the lab, maternity, CMS, OBGYN, ER, etc, etc. until someone finally let them in on the fun - kill joys!
Don't they have to take anatomy classes? I'm surprised so many don't know what a fallopian tube is.