1120 water temp sender.

/ 1120 water temp sender. #1  

espacef1fan

Silver Member
Tractor
Shopping for a tractor
I have two questions as my manual doesn’t explain/answer them

-Where is the correct location(s) for the water temp gauge sender?

- I read that on 1020s they moved them from the head to the block. Does this apply to the 1120 as well?

/ 1120 water temp sender. #2  
Looks like on the head.. per jdparts. Same for both..

Attachments

• 1120_temp_sender.jpg
    1120_temp_sender.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 202
   / 1120 water temp sender. #3  
I have two questions as my manual doesn’t explain/answer them

-Where is the correct location(s) for the water temp gauge sender?

- I read that on 1020s they moved them from the head to the block. Does this apply to the 1120 as well?

1020's built for sales in N America had manual temp gauge with capillary tube that fit in rear of cylinder head.

/ 1120 water temp sender.
Thanks for the quick replies.

They are unfortunate replies as my tractor runs at about 220 while mowing in spite of a flushed radiator, fresh 185 tstat, and fresh coolant.

It recovers very quickly when I reduce rpm/load.

I was asking about the location because I theorized perhaps the temp probe on my new mechanical gauge was picking up some additional heat from the casting being closeish to the exhaust port when installed in the location shown in the drawing.

/ 1120 water temp sender. #5  
Have you checked tightness & condition of fan belt? Backside of fan belt should extend above or at least even with outer edges of pulley's. After thermostat opens have you looked inside radiator neck to be sure water pump is circulating coolant?

Have you checked tightness & condition of fan belt? Backside of fan belt should extend above or at least even with outer edges of pulley's. After thermostat opens have you looked inside radiator neck to be sure water pump is circulating coolant?

I’ll double check visually today.

You can feel radiator get hot when tstat opens though I didn’t watch for flow visually.

/ 1120 water temp sender. #7  
I've read that some water pumps have plastic impellers that fail therefore WP stops circulating coolant.

As a follow up to this issue, I’ve ordered a new aluminum radiator as my current one is leaking(damp core, no drips).

I’ll update with results.

IMG_6280.PNG