120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #1  

JCoastie

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE
I am on city water, but live rural USA in hurricane country and like to be prepared with alternatives.
When my house was being built, the previous owners had an RV on site and they had a well installed, everything was cut off when they left. It is only a 2 inch well casing, and I do not plan on changing that. The well is fairly far from the house, and in an emergency the house will be powered by my 240v generator, but there is a 120v outlet not too far from the well that I can supply power to. As I recall, water was about 70 feet down when I tested it a few years ago, at this point I don't know the total depth, but I'll get those details in the near future. So I am looking for suggestions on a 120v submersible pump that will fit and work well within a 2 inch well casing. This would only be for emergency use.

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #4  
They do make Submersible Pumps for 2" casings...Google on eBay.

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing
that one is 220v, but I do see a 120v option 2" (50mm) 110V Submersible 0.5HP Bore Water Pump Deep Well Pump Farm Watering | eBay

Seems reviews of 2" pumps are pretty bad, so ideally the source would be from somewhere returnable, vs ebay, or if someone has personal experience with a specific seller/pump combo.

The one I linked above, lists as 120v, but the sticker shows 220v/50hz which is an overseas setup, and that's what a lot of reviews of the type said on amazon too. Selling overseas 2" pumps here that don't really work.

Last edited:
   / 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #6  
Drop a well point and use a Deep Well Jet Pump.

2" submersible deep pump requires bigger than 2" casing, I would think.

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #7  
A submersible would be ideal. I would imagine it would need to be a low-volume pump since there is not much storage capacity in a 2" casing. Build your own air-operated pump to try. Cheapest route to go.

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #8  
Also, get the water in the well tested before you go too far down this path.

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #9  
A submersible would be ideal. I would imagine it would need to be a low-volume pump since there is not much storage capacity in a 2" casing. Build your own air-operated pump to try. Cheapest route to go.
That's for sure--Less than 21ozs. per foot.

Was it a wind mill well? That's the only well type around with a 2" casing.

/ 120v submersible pump for a 2" well casing #10  
You could use an air lift pump to get water onto the surface an into a tank. Basically, you put a small air line down to below the water line and bubble up the water with the air bubbles. Having a narrow pipe works in your favor, but you need a way to collect the water from the air spray at the surface. You need to "tune" the air volume for maximum water yield.

All the best,

Peter