126 Hydro CUB Cadet

/ 126 Hydro CUB Cadet #1  

Nat

Platinum Member
I have an old CC 126 with the hydroststic transmission. It works, mows,pulls good, but you have to keep your hand on the hydro lever to keep speeding up/ slowing down. The lever isn't moving but the speed keeps ghanging so you have to keep moving the hydro lever to compensate. I had heard that the Trunion spring was bad so I took it to the IH dealer to be fixed. Over the phone I was told it was a simple fix and would cost probably 60/80.00, but would be 10 days to 2 weeks before they could get to it. They called a week later and said there was nothing wrong with the friction disc and that was what mainted the speed, so it must be something wrong with the hydro's. I said I'd come get it as I didn't want a bill for 1000.00 cause they said it might get expensive to find out what was wrong. I brought it home and thought I'd experiment a little so I ran 2 large screws thru the trunion springs to lengthen them and guess what, it works like it is supposed to. My question is how do you get to the trunion spring to ghange it? Do you have to pull the rear or can you remove the seat area/ fenders to get to it? I can see the spring, but can't figure how to get to it to change. Any help appreciated, later, Nat

/ 126 Hydro CUB Cadet
I have an old CC 126 with the hydroststic transmission. It works, mows,pulls good, but you have to keep your hand on the hydro lever to keep speeding up/ slowing down. The lever isn't moving but the speed keeps ghanging so you have to keep moving the hydro lever to compensate. I had heard that the Trunion spring was bad so I took it to the IH dealer to be fixed. Over the phone I was told it was a simple fix and would cost probably 60/80.00, but would be 10 days to 2 weeks before they could get to it. They called a week later and said there was nothing wrong with the friction disc and that was what mainted the speed, so it must be something wrong with the hydro's. I said I'd come get it as I didn't want a bill for 1000.00 cause they said it might get expensive to find out what was wrong. I brought it home and thought I'd experiment a little so I ran 2 large screws thru the trunion springs to lengthen them and guess what, it works like it is supposed to. My question is how do you get to the trunion spring to ghange it? Do you have to pull the rear or can you remove the seat area/ fenders to get to it? I can see the spring, but can't figure how to get to it to change. Any help appreciated, later, Nat