1430 good deal or no

/ 1430 good deal or no #1  

Bnash

Tractor
John Deere
So I stopped by power trac showroom today. By the way this is my first post. Hi guys! I live about a mile from their facility so I swung by to price a 1430 trailer package and the price is $50k. However I found a 1430 trailer package used for sale about an hour away that has 1500 hrs on machine. It’s about 15 years old with deutz diesel and basically the same attachments for $22k. Thinking I could get it for $18-20k. Anyone owning an older pt1430 ring in and let me know if they are reliable machines. I’m going to check it out in a couple of days. His asking price is cheaper than the new trailer and attachments. Thanks guys

/ 1430 good deal or no #2  
I have a 1430 diesel. I think it’s a great machine. The con that the 1430 diesel has is going up really steep grades. It doesn’t do a good job driving up steep grades. Probably grades around 30 degrees.

The Deutz engine is awesome. I never heard a bad thing about that engine, only good. The power is going to drown out more with the gas engine, as where the diesel will keep pushing on longer and harder until the power starts to diminish.

/ 1430 good deal or no
That’s another plus with the older machine is that’s it’s diesel. The new ones are only available with 37hp kohler and they won’t have any built until February. Thanks for your input and advice joshlee

/ 1430 good deal or no #5  
So I stopped by power trac showroom today. By the way this is my first post. Hi guys! I live about a mile from their facility so I swung by to price a 1430 trailer package and the price is $50k. However I found a 1430 trailer package used for sale about an hour away that has 1500 hrs on machine. It’s about 15 years old with deutz diesel and basically the same attachments for $22k. Thinking I could get it for $18-20k. Anyone owning an older pt1430 ring in and let me know if they are reliable machines. I’m going to check it out in a couple of days. His asking price is cheaper than the new trailer and attachments. Thanks guys
There is a very low hour 1430 that got posted time classified section not that long ago. Might want to check there as well. Good luck whatever you do. Deutz really makes or made a great oil cooled engine.

/ 1430 good deal or no #6  
I met a guy that takes his back to the factory for a check and repair on regular intervals. You might want to consider that and ask what they charge and what do you get for it, then figure that into the price. Or if the seller won't take your offer, make the purchase contingent on the results of a PT factory inspection (that you would have to pay for, the results could give you concrete reasons to negotiate further)

If the trailer package has the implements you want, that is a big plus. But if it is stuff you will never use more then the one time you try it out, you will just have to store it...or sell it to us.

Diesels are much better for a whole list of reasons, plus it is a proven combination.

/ 1430 good deal or no #7  
I'm definitely +1 on m5040's approach.

PT is very reasonable and efficient for servicing.

/ 1430 good deal or no #8  
I have a 1430 diesel. I think it’s a great machine. The con that the 1430 diesel has is going up really steep grades. It doesn’t do a good job driving up steep grades. Probably grades around 30 degrees.

The Deutz engine is awesome. I never heard a bad thing about that engine, only good. The power is going to drown out more with the gas engine, as where the diesel will keep pushing on longer and harder until the power starts to diminish.

It lacks power go up a 30 degree slope under load? does it spin ? My 422 would go up a 2 to 1 slope with a light material bucket of dirt but it was a sick chicken with a 48" mower running trying to cut grass.... Jim

/ 1430 good deal or no #9  
I had the 60” mower turned on when I tried climbing the hill and the wheel motors pretty much stalled out. I was expecting to drive right up over, so I was surprised.