1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #1  

Trammel

Tractor
Mahindra
Hello
Searched the forums and have found two post around the fuel flow issue from the tank to the fuel filter. My issue is that it can run anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 minutes before it starts choking from not enough fuel. You can see in the clear plastic fuel filter the level of fuel will drop to below the filter it self. Pulled the line off and it was barely dripping. Blew on the line and heard the bubbles in the tank. Started flowing and placed it back on there. Would repeat within a random amount of time.

So either something is inside the tank that floats over and plugs the hole OR there is a vacuum happening in the tank. Considering I didn't take the cap off when I blew back in the line. Pulling the tank would be the best choice but I would like to hear anyone else experience. Have tried locating a parts breakdown on that tank, not sure if there is a screen or vent that I cannot see which may be clogged.

The bad thing about this fuel tank is the elbow fill stops you from looking down inside the tank. Appreciate any input.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #2  
Sounds like a good old chunk of junk on the tank it drifts over the outlet and bang you are plugged. You can try a siphon first- hopefully you grab it with that.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #3  
Just this past weekend I had a fuel issue with my IH 584. I was not getting anything to the fuel filters. I found an obstruction in the banjo fitting as it entered the fuel filter series. I had to dig it out to get full flow to return. I would recommend that you take the fuel line off at the filter and check the fuel flow there and work your way back toward the tank. I would avoid simply blowing the stuff back into the tank to create future problems.

My fuel filters were not that old so I probably did not need to replace them but I did anyway.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #4  
Another rare possibility is a collapsed fuel line. Not that failed internally. These ideas seem less likely as the problem sounds somewhat intermittent.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #5  
A plugged vent will also cause this. Check venttto make sure they’re not plugged with anything like dirt or a spider web. It’s a gravity system to the fuel pump so it has to be vented to atmosphere or you’ll create a vacuum and it won’t flow.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue
Any idea where that vent is located? I figured the fuel cap was designed to allow air in the tank. I am guessing I am wrong though.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #7  
Any idea where that vent is located? I figured the fuel cap was designed to allow air in the tank. I am guessing I am wrong though.

Not familiar with that specific model so the venting could be built into the filler cap or it could be a separate line on the top side of the tank that runs to atmosphere. Either way a good way to eliminate venting as the issue would be to leave the cap loose and run the tractor. If it stays running then the vent is plugged. If it quits like before then it’s something else.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #8  
The owners manual for my 2615 includes draining the tank when doing other maintenance items.

/ 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue
So we pulled the shroud and console from the tractor. Decided to pull the fuel sensor rather than pulling the tank out (lot less work). Discovered that something indeed was introduced to the fuel tank. It turned out to be a wasp and it was wrapped in something (not sure what). Also discovered that white plastic mesh screen laying in the bottom. Seems if you do not pay attention when filling it with fuel, you can indeed shove it down into the fuel tank.
Thank you for your comments.

Attachments

• 20190921_084259.jpg
    20190921_084259.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 260
   / 1526 HST Fuel Tank flow issue #10  
Glad u got it fixed and had some follow up for us! That makes a great resource for folks in the future.