1750m Parking Brake

/ 1750m Parking Brake #1  

Sonny T

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1750m
Hey gang first time tractor owner here. 2019 MF 1750M deluxe cab. I can’t figure out how to set the parking brake. Any help would be appreciated. I didn’t get an operators manual with it (if there is such a thing). Where could I get one? Thank you!

/ 1750m Parking Brake #2  
Welcome from Missouri.

I’ve got a simple Bobcat CT235. The parking break is set by depressing the pedal and manually pushing down the lever by the break until the pedal is locked in the pushed back position.

Not sure about your tractor.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ 1750m Parking Brake
Welcome from Missouri.

I’ve got a simple Bobcat CT235. The parking break is set by depressing the pedal and manually pushing down the lever by the break until the pedal is locked in the pushed back position.

Not sure about your tractor.

Good luck.

MoKelly
Thank you. Mine appears to work like that but it won’t stay locked. I’m wondering if something is wrong with it. Sure would be handy to have an operators manual.

/ 1750m Parking Brake #4  
The manual is usually behind the seat, mine was in a black envelope which made it blend in with its' surroundings, I had to look twice before I found it. If you really didn't get one your dealer owes you one.

My parking brake on my 1736 is engaged by pressing on peddles and at the same time pulling up on the lever next to the side of the seat until you get it to catch as you release the pressure on the peddles. Once you do it for the first time you'll realize the sequence.

/ 1750m Parking Brake
The manual is usually behind the seat, mine was in a black envelope which made it blend in with its' surroundings, I had to look twice before I found it. If you really didn't get one your dealer owes you one.

My parking brake on my 1736 is engaged by pressing on peddles and at the same time pulling up on the lever next to the side of the seat until you get it to catch as you release the pressure on the peddles. Once you do it for the first time you'll realize the sequence.
Yes! Found the book! I’ll try the parking brake tomorrow. Thank you

/ 1750m Parking Brake #6  
Oh my sorry, I totally brain farted, the lever for my New Holland is on the right of the seat. For the Massey its in front of your right knee with an orange colored handle, see picture:

Parking Brake Lever.jpg

/ 1750m Parking Brake #7  
Firmly push the brake pedals down and pull the orange lever shown above up to lock them in place

The lever might go down to lock?? I can't remember. I do it so often it's just muscle memory

/ 1750m Parking Brake #8  
Yes, you push the lever down to engage. To release it, you press on the brake peddles.

/ 1750m Parking Brake
Mine pushes down and the parking brake light comes on but when I release the brake pedal it won’t stay locked. I guess I’ll take it to my dealer because I’ve tried every combination I can think of. I’m beginning to wonder if someone unhooked it for some reason. And if I push the brake pedal too hard it dies everytime 🤷🏻‍♂️ My first tractor and I don’t have a friggin clue LOL

/ 1750m Parking Brake #10  
"And if I push the brake pedal too hard it dies everytime "

This clearly doesn't seem right. Applying the brakes should only stop your tractor from moving, not shut the engine off.

Is this a new tractor that you bought from a dealer? If so I'd give them a call and walk them through your issues to see what they say.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.