1758 Price

/ 1758 Price #1  

todd92

Silver Member
Tractor
Case Farmall 75A, Kioti NX5510HST, Kioti CK3510SEHC, Farmall M, MF GC2310 TLB
With Equine discount, cab with 2 remotes and loader, 39K? Not competitive at all. FWIW, Equine discount is up to 32%, it's only 26% on the 1758. No wonder there are so few out here. Still way cheaper than JD and Kubota, but not in the hunt with Kioti and LS.

/ 1758 Price #2  
With Equine discount, cab with 2 remotes and loader, 39K? Not competitive at all. FWIW, Equine discount is up to 32%, it's only 26% on the 1758. No wonder there are so few out here. Still way cheaper than JD and Kubota, but not in the hunt with Kioti and LS.

It's a great tractor though... Not a bad buy at only $4k more than the comparable Kioti, and probably $5k-10k less than the comparable Bota and JD tractors.

/ 1758 Price
It made my short list, but I don't see any value premium vs Kioti, Mahindra or LS. What do you feel is on the MF that makes it worth 4K more?

/ 1758 Price #4  
It made my short list, but I don't see any value premium vs Kioti, Mahindra or LS. What do you feel is on the MF that makes it worth 4K more?

I have owned Kioti and LS, and now 2 Massey's. My close friend has owned 2 new Kubota's. In my personal experience, the Massey reliability exceeds the others. Build quality is excellent. Materials quality is excellent. LS and Kioti are good, don't get me wrong... But I prefer the Massey.
Now, I have the 16xx series tractors. They are all mechanical...meaning, the auto throttle (RPM's increase with the pedal to match speed requirement) and cruise are not electronic. The LS doesn't have an auto throttle. And the Kioti NX series has it now, but computer controlled, and is not as smooth to operate as the mechanical setup. I have not actually operated the Massey 17xx series HST's, so if is now electronic, it may not be as smooth as the 16xx operation.

The seat on the Massey 1758 is much nicer than that in the other two. It is a Grammar seat and probably an extra $1000 over the other two seats.

Many of my observations are subjective and opinion based... So I suppose that you may not agree on them and therefore you may not see the added value.

But, my 1648 was completely flawless up to around 600 hrs, and when it developed it's first actual "blemish" it was extremely minor... A hydraulic hose fitting started leaking at connection point. Dealer is just going to replace the individual line. My Kioti had more issues in less time, the LS was excellent as well (only owned up to 150 hrs) but was blowing headlight fuses... Which was corrected by a larger fuse. My friend's Kubotas have been more problematic.

I find the Kubota material quality (at least the cab materials) to be high as well, and very similar to the Massey. They are both from Japan, so perhaps they source plastics from the same place. But I find the Kioti cab material to be very thin and cheap. I find the LS cab materials to be in between the Massey and Kioti. But I'm not a plastics expert, so my observations on that may be flawed.

Finally... My dealer, who sells both Kioti and MF (and has for a long time) has told me several times that he feels the MF units are better built, but that the Kioti units are a better value because of their lower price.

Regarding Mahindra... I have yet to be impressed by any of their offerings... Whether TYM sourced, Mitsubishi sourced, or in-house. Everything I have tested at dealer lots seems very rough around the edges, sloppy in operation, and I noticed some things (construction wise) that appeared to be weaker in design than other tractors I've explored.

But in the end, I guess only you can justify the perceived difference in value.

Last edited:
   / 1758 Price
Thanks for the honest and factual feedback.

/ 1758 Price #6  
My Bobcat CT445 is really a Kioti. Replaced one hydraulic hardline under warranty and also one O-ring under warranty. There is surface rust on some of the painted surfaces from the salt water ride over to the states. The battery is leaking acid and another friend of mine has the same issue with his having purchased at the same time. He has 400 plus hours on his and I have less than that. I do not care for the panels and rubber hangers/grommets used to attach the engine covers both front clip and sides below metal hood. More pieces and springs and stuff to keep track of. I feel the Japan build is better than Korea and India, having also owned two made in India units, a Case IH and 2615 Massey. Both of those were a disappointment with too many issues to type it out here. Some thread on here has that info..
The engineers made the Massey look good. Compare it to other cab tractors. They are handsome and the proportions look as they should. Some CUT's appear to be more cab than tractor. I need a dealer close at hand to utilize the great warranty on the Massey. I am very remote and not in farming country so it came down to JD, Kubota, and Massey. I bought the most tractor for the money IMHO with a service contract 2nd to none.

/ 1758 Price #7  
My Bobcat CT445 is really a Kioti. Replaced one hydraulic hardline under warranty and also one O-ring under warranty. There is surface rust on some of the painted surfaces from the salt water ride over to the states. The battery is leaking acid and another friend of mine has the same issue with his having purchased at the same time. He has 400 plus hours on his and I have less than that. I do not care for the panels and rubber hangers/grommets used to attach the engine covers both front clip and sides below metal hood. More pieces and springs and stuff to keep track of. I feel the Japan build is better than Korea and India, having also owned two made in India units, a Case IH and 2615 Massey. Both of those were a disappointment with too many issues to type it out here. Some thread on here has that info..
The engineers made the Massey look good. Compare it to other cab tractors. They are handsome and the proportions look as they should. Some CUT's appear to be more cab than tractor. I need a dealer close at hand to utilize the great warranty on the Massey. I am very remote and not in farming country so it came down to JD, Kubota, and Massey. I bought the most tractor for the money IMHO with a service contract 2nd to none.

I've been meaning to catch up and ask you... How's the 1758 been? How many hours now? Have you been pleased enough with the loader?

I have a 1652 now in addition to my 1648. (Have a couple interested buyers for the 48 tho...) Really like these tractors. I've sat in and played with party much every competing tractor out there and I still prefer the Massey CUT'S. That's not to say I don't like the others, because there are certainly things I like about pretty much all of them... But I still like the Massey best