1975 1120 injector pump advice

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice #11  
There ya go.. ya got it..
so now u have the pump #..
So now u have some options..get a new one or get yours rebuilt.

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice #12  
Diesels seem way too expensive to bother with. the injection pump is the main problem, it's crazy expensive to even have it looked at!..

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice
There ya go.. ya got it..
so now u have the pump #..
So now u have some options..get a new one or get yours rebuilt.

Do you have any vendors you would personally recommend for a new one?

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice #14  
new is new.. weather its aftermarket new or oem new.. OEM new will cost in the 1000.00 range
but why would someone opt to spend the money for an aftermarket new pump,{600.-700} when they can have the original
pump repaired for 2-300.00 less.??
Most people only do that if their pump is deemed unrepairable..
I know folks that have opted to fix their original pump, even tho it will cost the same as a new aftermarket pump..

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice #15  
Diesels seem way too expensive to bother with. the injection pump is the main problem, it's crazy expensive to even have it looked at!..

Really? I've been custom farming/baling since 1987. I've rd baled over 150,000 rd bales, plowed/seeded unknown 1000's of acres while owning 8 different diesel powered tractors. I had to have 1 inj pump resealed about 30 yrs back & I have another inj pump on a tractor that has about 13,000 hrs of use that needs resealed today. The secret to inj pump life is to """keep fuel clean"""!! I filter fuel before it goes in tractor fuel tank & change tractor fuel filters.

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice #16  
Really? I've been custom farming/baling since 1987. I've rd baled over 150,000 rd bales, plowed/seeded unknown 1000's of acres while owning 8 different diesel powered tractors. I had to have 1 inj pump resealed about 30 yrs back & I have another inj pump on a tractor that has about 13,000 hrs of use that needs resealed today. The secret to inj pump life is to """keep fuel clean"""!! I filter fuel before it goes in tractor fuel tank & change tractor fuel filters.

Consider the source of that information.

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice #17  
Agree with "fried1765" 's comment. (as well as Tx_Jim 's ).

/ 1975 1120 injector pump advice
new is new.. weather its aftermarket new or oem new.. OEM new will cost in the 1000.00 range
but why would someone opt to spend the money for an aftermarket new pump,{600.-700} when they can have the original
pump repaired for 2-300.00 less.??
Most people only do that if their pump is deemed unrepairable..
I know folks that have opted to fix their original pump, even tho it will cost the same as a new aftermarket pump..

Late update.

Awhile back I got a quote locally to fix it.
$800