1988 ford shibura 2120 w/ HSS, dump cable question, 4wd

/ 1988 ford shibura 2120 w/ HSS, dump cable question, 4wd #1  

boatmoter

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 212// john deere 320 // ford 2120 loader
Hi all, I have a 2120 w/ HSS, bought it as a fixer upper, no hydraulics worked and the trans did not move, already repaired all the Hydraulics and trans and noticed the dump cable to the clutch pedal is missing. I bought one, I see how the inner cable connects but it looks like it should have some type of brackets for the outer cable housing to attach to. I see none, anyone have a pic of the cable routing and hook ups on theirs I can look at? my service manual shows nothing on the routing or the spot where the cable connects:eek:

/ 1988 ford shibura 2120 w/ HSS, dump cable question, 4wd #2  
I hope this helps. 1014201218_Burst01.jpg

/ 1988 ford shibura 2120 w/ HSS, dump cable question, 4wd
thanks for the reply.. I did find the cable for the clutch linkage side of the cable, it's attached to the bottom of the running board. the bracket that bolts to the valve body to stabilize the cable housing to the valve body is missing, it is a Z bracket, has 2 mounting holes on one end and one hole for the cable on the other end. I was able to find a bracket used at a compact tractor salvage yard, only to find out too late that the bracket is only on the models from 1987 to 11 of 1991, after 11/91,the brackets are totally different :eek: I am looking for a new or used Z bracket, the part # SBA399567030, the new is no longer available from the dealer or any other parts house, I did Email Shibaura in Japan and am waiting on a reply

/ 1988 ford shibura 2120 w/ HSS, dump cable question, 4wd #4  
Would you happen to have a picture of the Z bracket? I cannot find any pictures using your part number. I have some parts , I am not sure if that piece is in there.

Would you happen to have a picture of the Z bracket? I cannot find any pictures using your part number. I have some parts , I am not sure if that piece is in there.

Hi, I could not figure out how to upload it to my post, can I Email it to you or fax?

/ 1988 ford shibura 2120 w/ HSS, dump cable question, 4wd #6  
You can PM me.

Thanks all for your replies, I sent Emails to around 10 different Shibaura dealers with the part # to the bracket I needed, mostly salvage yards, got one reply for the part saying they had a new one in the Netherlands the price was $19.95 US, but the shipping was international, and it needed 2 different types of carriers,the cost for shipping was $85.00 US, too rich for my blood, got another hit from a Japanese tractor salvage yard in Illinois, with the correct part #, USED, $30 bucks + shipping.. I said sold.. now awaiting it.. then I can install,adjust the clutch & cable and put the sheet metal back on the tractor and use..