1996 Perkins 4.41 diesel A4

/ 1996 Perkins 4.41 diesel A4 #1  

kawi027

Tractor
perkins a4 diesel
Hey Everyone,
Just purchased a Perkins 4.41 about a month ago. I have an issue I have been dealing with for a few days. Engine will run for about 10 minutes then the idle will go high then it will die and not start. We bleed the injectors and process repeats itself, we see air bubbles from the injectors each time we bleed. Replaced the primary fuel filter, the secondary filter is just a aluminum housing with no filter element inside (is that suppose to be like that)? Cleaned the screen in the lift pump (pretty dirty) and the fuel tank had severe rust deposits that we cleaned out as well as possible, we also found rust deposits in the fuel filter and in the bottom of the secondary filter bowl. We inspected the fuel pick up for blockage and leaks as well as all the rubber fuel lines, all check out. I am suspecting air is getting in the lines, but what is weird is if it sits for about 1hr, it will start up and run for 10 minutes without having to bleed (can the air escape the system from sitting)? We also tried installing a 12v fuel pump hooked up at the pick up tube line and we still had the same issues. I am thinking about putting on a $40 lift pump today even though it looks fairly new. Any other ideas are appreciated!